Full-Time Parks and Trails Resource Field Specialist
This position will assist with protecting and managing abundant and unique natural and cultural resources on Parks and Trails in the Northeast region of Minnesota. The positions works within the Parks and Trails Resource Management Program in the MN Department of Natural Resources (DNR) while serving for Conservation Corps of Minnesota and Iowa (CCMI). The position will help plan work and lead CCMI crews working on resource management projects – such as invasive plant management and mapping, planting and protecting trees, reducing erosion on shorelines and conducting prescribed burns.
The position will also work independently to conduct forestry and wildlife survey and monitoring projects. Office activities will include tasks such as creating maps, summarizing work completed and assisting with natural resource management plan development. An emphasis will be placed on professional development and gaining experience in a wide range of resource management activities.
The Field Specialist must communicate program and project objectives of working safely, efficiently, and to high standards of quality, helping corps members achieve personal and program success through team work and service-learning.
- Ability to obtain Wildfire Incident Qualification Card (Red Card) and complete arduous work capacity test.(We provide training and testing)
- Ability to obtain First Aid/CPR certification (We provide training and testing)
- Minimum of one field season experience in field natural resource management including prescribed burning, invasive species management or natural community restoration.
- Knowledge of hand and power tool safety and use.
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Excellent work ethic and ability to work well with others and provide leadership to crews.
- At least an associates degree.
- Experience using GPS and a desire to learn basic GIS skills.
- Must be a US Citizen, US National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the US.
- Must pass the National Sex Offender Public Registry and criminal history check defined as no positive hits on the NSOPW and no history of violent offenses on the criminal history check.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record (no major moving violations or DUI’s in the past five years).
How to ApplyApply on our website here.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405