Full-Time Outreach & Educator Coordinator
The Outreach & Education Coordinator develops and executes strategic activities and initiatives to build Potomac Riverkeeper Network’s membership, engage members, reach new audiences, expand educational opportunities, and develop partnerships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Public Outreach Planning & Execution
- Work with our three Riverkeepers to plan and organize outreach activities that support the development of collaborative vision to protect and restore the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers. Examples include on-the-water events, volunteer trainings, workshops, and presentations in the community.
- Work with the Vice President of Development & Philanthropy to establish and develop promotional partnerships with local NGOs, clubs, and businesses.
- Educate diverse audiences about PRKN and the current issues facing the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers, including a focus on the river as the source of drinking water and to encourage the use and enjoyment of the river.
- Contribute to the annual RiverPalooza paddling, rafting, fishing, snorkeling, and tubing event series.
- Work with Communications consultants to develop promotional materials for events, activities, and the website.
- Use photography and videography to document events, outreach activities, and Riverkeeper program activities, including post-production and editing.
- Maintain video archive and manage video content on the website
- Work with Communications consultants to manage social media and networking strategies, including email and web-based calls to action.
- Liaison with other groups as necessary on outside media projects.
Membership & Volunteer Management
- Develop and implement Clear Choices, Clean Water program with the Waterkeepers Chesapeake and the Riverkeepers to motivate Potomac Riverkeeper Network members and e-activists to take individual actions to support river protection.
- Coordinate volunteer activities and trainings; include volunteer water quality monitoring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Commitment to mission of Potomac Riverkeeper Network
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing timelines
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed, small-office environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong ability to troubleshoot IT and other computer issues
- Knowledge of social networking forums and strategies to promote causes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic design experience
- Ability to work some weekend and evening hours
- A valid U.S. Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Positive, can-do attitude
- 2-3 years of on-the-job nonprofit work experience
- Photography and video experience a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Create Suite, particularly Photoshop, InDesign, and Premiere
- Conversational level Spanish language skills a plus
- Experience managing volunteers or other groups of people
- Paddling and outdoor skills; a willingness to get wet
- Familiarity with SalesForce platform for membership management