Internship Operations Fellow Summer 2021
Climate Action Campaign Operations Fellowship
Position: Operations Fellow, CAC
Classification: Part-time Non-Exempt, Paid
Location: COVID-19 Remote
Date: Summer 2021
The Climate Action Campaign is a highly effective, unbranded coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign regularly partners with national and state-based groups, as well as leaders from diverse communities, to promote climate action, defend against attacks on the Clean Air Act and climate change policies, and showcase the unyielding transition to clean energy driven by state, local and federal action.
The Climate Action Campaign Fellowship is a paid intern program designed to immerse its participants in the environmental advocacy field. Assignments vary and are designed to both support the campaign with its mission to support action on climate change and assist the fellow with their professional growth. This position allows interaction with all of the campaign’s departments providing a wide breadth of experiences. As an integral part of the team, fellows will experience how public support is generated for action on climate, and how that shapes results on a national level.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The Fellowship will train predominantly with the operations team completing tasks including but not limited to:
- Assist CAC Operations Team with organizational duties, including but not limited to data and record management
- Assist with Campaign-wide metrics and reporting
- Create, edit, and distribute a variety of documents and reports for internal and external use
- Assist various Departments during surge moments, including but not limited to reporting, writing, research, and data entry
- Attend internal meetings around CAC and community-wide climate advocacy efforts
- Logistics and meeting support as needed
- Complete other duties and tasks as they arise
- Managing grants for the Partner Engagement team
Skill & Abilities
- Ability to learn to successfully juggle multiple projects from various departments in a fast-paced, high-expectation campaign environment
- Collaborative approach and ability to work successfully individually and with diverse teams and individuals internally as well as with external partner organizations
- Data Entry experience and attention to detail
- Experience with database management a plus
- Light research and writing experience
- Excellent communicator and self-starter
- Experience in issue-organizing, advocacy or electoral campaigns is a plus, particularly within the environmental community
- Interest in environmental issues and the environmental community a plus
This position is a member of the Operations team though will work closely with several other departments.
Logistics & Application Process
The paid fellowship program lasts for 14-weeks, and fellows participate for 20 hours/week. The Partnership Project requests that you structure your hours to attend departmental meetings.
Link to apply: HERE.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice, and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyTo apply, please submit your materials through our RecruiterBox page.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405