Full-Time Operations Associate
For more than 20 years, Socially Responsible Agriculture Project (SRAP) has served as a mobilizing force to empower communities to protect themselves from the damages caused by industrial livestock operations and to advocate for a food system built on regenerative practices, justice, democracy, and resilience.
Our team includes technical experts, independent family farmers, and rural residents who have faced the threats of factory farms in their communities. SRAP offers free support, providing communities with the knowledge and skills to protect their right to clean water, air, and soil and to a healthy, just, and vibrant future.
SRAP’s Operations Associate performs administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization with an emphasis in event planning and special projects. The Operations Associate will report to SRAP’s Operations and Human Resources Director and will participate as a member of SRAP’s Operations Team. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with no supervisory responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to incoming emails via the organization’s general email address and website.
- Maintains company records via Dropbox.
- Helps maintain the organization’s databases including deduplication, data entry and training staff as needed.
- Provides administrative support during the recruitment process.
- Collects and organizes incoming employment applications.
- Orders supplies and equipment for staff as needed.
- Updates and shares information with staff.
- Schedules meetings and training sessions as needed.
- Helps manage events and team meeting logistics.
- Conducts background research and analysis to support various projects and activities.
- Assists in brainstorming, design, and execution of new projects with efficiency and flexibility.
- Provides technical support as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and prior related experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workplace suites.
- Experience with EveryAction and/or Apricot databases a plus.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with excellent organization skills and ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time and task management skills.
- Proven ability to work as a team player with diverse groups.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
Experience and knowledge of sustainable food and agriculture systems, as well as a knowledge of the impacts of industrial agriculture, a plus.
Compensation: Salary of $43,000 to $50,000, dependent upon experience. Benefits include health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as a 403b retirement plan and generous paid time off.
Work Environment: Remote position with some travel expected.