Full-Time Operations and Membership Services Manager
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment seeks an Operations and Membership Services Manager who is interested in sustainable, responsible and impact investing and/or corporate social responsibility. US SIF is the leading voice advancing sustainable, responsible and impact investing across all asset classes. Our mission is to rapidly shift investment practices toward sustainability, focusing on long-term investment and the generation of positive social and environmental impacts. US SIF members include investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, asset owners, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, community investing organizations and nonprofit organizations.
US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation, a 501(C)(3) organization that undertakes educational, research and programmatic activities to advance the mission of US SIF.
The Operations and Membership Services Manager is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. The primary responsibilities are to manage the organization’s day-to-day financial and human resource needs, membership renewals and the onboarding of new members. The position also serves as the primary contact for our 300 members.
The ideal candidate has strong financial management skills, experience with staff onboarding and benefits management and experience with member services and CRM systems. They will also have good oral and written communication skills. The candidate should be an organized self-starter who will bring creative energy to US SIF and a team player who is comfortable interacting with individuals and groups.
Reports to: This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The Operations and Membership Services Manager works closely with the Events and Operations Associate and other staff as necessary.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Finance, Operations and Human Resources
- Monitor year-to-date revenues and expenses against budget, including preparing financial reports.
- Undertake monthly reconciliations.
- Coordinate financial audits and prepare required schedules for US SIF’s accounting firm; coordinate 990 preparation.
- Support other staff to maintain financial systems and accounts including entering or monitoring entries in Quickbooks.
- Assist in preparing the annual budget and operating plan.
- Work closely with bookkeeping consultant and accounting firm.
- Monitor and maintain the budget for the Annual Conference.
- Report on grant budgets.
- Process payroll via Paychex as well as process 401K contributions through portal provided by US SIF’s 401k plan administrator.
- Administer staff benefits program including working with benefits firm.
- Support hiring process including placement of job openings and onboarding procedures for new staff.
- Assist in maintaining hard copy and electronic filing systems.
- Oversee the retention of members through timely management of the quarterly renewal process, including writing and sending renewal letters, notices, invoices and reminders.
- Follow-up with lapsed members.
- Maintain member database and membership dues tracking system.
- Assist with CRM migration and management.
- Process new memberships and follow up with new members.
- Respond to basic inquiries regarding membership, billing and benefits and manage production of membership materials.
- Assist where needed with US SIF Annual Conference.
- Prepare regular reports including Board memos with membership statistics.
- Assist in production of annual report.
- Other duties as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum of five years of experience in financial operations.
- Experience in member services or customer service activities.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Expertise with using Quickbooks and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with a CRM.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to organize and track multiple projects and work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys working as part of team and able to work independently.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor and a positive attitude.
- Prior work experience with a non-profit or membership association.
- Familiarity with human resource administration.
- Experience with or strong interest in investing, sustainable investing or corporate social responsibility.
- 15 days of paid vacation, plus two personal days.
- 401K plan with employer contributions.
- Employer-subsidized health and dental insurance.
- Metro Smart benefits, disability insurance and flexible spending account.
Salary range is commensurate with experience and non-profit pay scales.