Full-Time Operations and Finance Associate
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment is seeking candidates for the role of Operations & Finance Associate.
US SIF’s Operations & Finance Associate will directly support the operations, finance, membership and HR functions within US SIF. The role is responsible for the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions as well as general office management. This multi-faceted role will also get the chance to provide back-end, administrative support to, and learn from, the many different programs US SIF offers, from our annual conference to membership and member programs to our field-leading research. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and is based in Washington, DC.
About US SIF:
US SIF is the leading voice advancing sustainable investing across all asset classes. US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation, a 501(C)(3) organization that undertakes educational, research and programmatic activities to advance the mission of US SIF.
Our vision is a more sustainable and equitable society where environmental, social and governance impacts are meaningfully assessed in all investment decisions. To advance this vision, we aim to shift investment practices toward sustainability, focusing on long-term investment and the generation of positive social and environmental impacts.
Since 1985, US SIF and our 200+ members have advanced the field of sustainable investment, but today there is greater interest than ever before. Climate change, social and economic inequality, gender and racial diversity, human rights, loss of biodiversity, and political spending are all urgent issues for sustainable investors. Increasingly, individual retail investors are joining institutional investors to use their assets to achieve better environmental, social and governance outcomes.
To achieve our mission, US SIF works with our members plus global and domestic sustainability organizations, policymakers and members of the media. Our talented team provides services to our members, undertakes research about the field, offers education and training for financial professionals, interacts with the media by placing content and providing expert commentary, engages with policymakers in the legislative and executive branches, and holds events and convenings around the country, including our well-regarded annual conference.
We are a small team, aiming high and accomplishing much. We are passionate about sustainable investment and about creating a more sustainable private sector. We are based in Washington, DC, with a 12-person board located across the country.
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 holidays and 2 personal days
- 401k plan with up to 5% employer match
- Employer-subsidized health and dental insurance
- FSAs and Dependent Care Spending accounts available
- Employer-paid long-term and short-term disability
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Commuter benefit program for employees
The Operations & Finance Associate is responsible for duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the Accounts Payable process, including recording all vendor invoices in the accounting system, generating invoice reports and making payments.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable process, including generating and sending out member invoices and entering all member payments and sponsor invoices in the accounting system.
- Review, reconcile and record daily, weekly, and monthly banking and credit card transactions.
- Lead the month-end and quarter-end financial closing processes in conjunction with the COO and the outsourced accountant.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports for US SIF management as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of US SIF’s annual audit.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of financial processes and internal controls.
Operations & Administration
- Oversee the smooth functioning of the US SIF office, including managing and ordering all office supplies, managing files and managing incoming mail and outgoing shipping.
- Review incoming emails to shared mailboxes and address or assign out to senior staff.
- Coordinate with the outsourced IT department when needed.
- Help onboard new members and offboard members leaving US SIF.
- Act as the primary administrator for our membership database and help keep information up-to-date across US SIF systems.
- Act as the primary administrator and in-house expert for our technology and marketing platforms across all our work, including sites such as Google Groups, MailChimp, Eventbrite, our website editor and our conference ticketing platform.
- Suggest opportunities to improve US SIF operations, technology and internal processes.
- Post job vacancies and organize candidate resumes for review.
- Assist with the onboarding and offboarding of staff.
- Assist with the preparation for quarterly board meetings and the onboarding and offboarding of board members.
- Support US SIF’s events, educational offerings and member webinars, including managing the registration webpages and registration processes.
- Support senior staff and specific projects as needed.
Competencies and Requirements:
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in accounting, financial management, office management, or operations
- Detailed-oriented, with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Takes initiative and has problem-solving skills and interest in continuously improving systems and processes
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) software
- Adaptable to new technology and able to learn and administer new software systems; specific experience with QuickBooks and CRM systems, such as Salesforce or YourMembership, is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small, flexible team; a sense of humor is welcomed!
- Ability to work in a hybrid situation, including at least three days per week in the DC office
- Full COVID-19 vaccination required
Salary range of $45,000 – $55,000, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
- Application Process: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “US SIF Operations & Finance Associate.” Applications are due April 29, 2022, and will be reviewed as they are received. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter and a resume.
- Final candidates will need to take a writing test. No phone calls, please.
- US SIF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405