Full-Time Office Manager
The Southern Environmental Law Center is seeking an Office Manager to join our Atlanta, GA team.
About the Position:
This position works closely with the Georgia Office Director, the Director of Finance & Administration, and the Regional Administrator to keep our Georgia office running smoothly and efficiently. The office manager is responsible for the organization andAcoordination of office operations, planning events, budgeting and the supervision and training of three administrative staff members. The office manager works with other departments in our headquarters office on matters relating to human resources and accounting. Additionally, the office manager serves as the Office Director’s Executive Assistant.
- Coordinates administrative staff responsibilities and supervises administrative staff performance and efficiency.
- Acts as Georgia Office Director’s Executive Assistant.
- Serves as primary contact and liaison with landlords, maintenance staff, business vendors, and cleaning contractors.
- Coordinates the Atlanta hiring efforts; works with the Human Resources Department on new hire orientation.
- Ensures accuracy of expense reporting and approves invoices.
- Plans and oversees events.
- Acts as liaison to other offices and departments.
- Bachelor’s degree or the combined equivalent of education and professional experience.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency with PCs and all Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to work efficiently under deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Positive attitude!
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience in a managerial role.
- A commitment to the environment and the mission of the organization.
- Non-profit or legal experience.
The salary range is $55,000 – $70,000, depending on experience, and SELC offers an excellent benefits package. For more details, please visit our Careers page.
With nine offices across the region (Charlottesville, VA; Chapel Hill, NC; Atlanta, GA; Charleston, SC; Washington, DC; Birmingham, AL; Nashville, TN; Asheville, NC; and Richmond, VA), SELC is widely recognized as the South’s foremost environmental leader. SELC works on a full range of environmental issues to protect the South’s natural resources and the health and well-being of its people. Although its regional focus is the Southeast, much of its work is national in scope and impact.
SELC works in Congress and state legislatures to inform environmental laws; in regulatory agencies to implement environmental laws and policies; and in the courts to enforce the law, stop the worst abuses, and set important precedents. The organization works collaboratively with more than 100 national, state, and local groups to enhance their efficacy and achieve common conservation goals. It currently has a staff of more than 170 individuals, with 80 attorneys, including some of the nation’s leading experts in their respective fields. Additional information is available at www.southernenvironment.org.
SELC believes that a broad range of ideas, life experiences, and backgrounds enriches our workplace, drives innovative thinking, and attracts highly talented people who seek a work environment that values the unique contributions of individual team members. We are eager to welcome new team members who share this belief. We still have much progress to make, but our goal is to create and maintain a staff that, at every level, reflect the rich racial and cultural diversity of the communities where we work and the clients that we serve. SELC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment. We are looking for people to join us in this effort. Persons of all backgrounds—including people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates—are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- To apply, click here to be directed to an online application where you may upload your application materials. Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. Interested persons should apply immediately.
- SELC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and persons of all backgrounds—including people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates—are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405