Full-Time Office Manager
Office Manager Job Description
Mid-Hudson Energy Transition, Inc. (MHET) is a non-profit Community Choice Aggregation (CCA) Administrator that empowers municipalities, their residents, and businesses to own and share renewable energy, create healthier buildings, and strengthen the resilience of the Hudson Valley in the face of climate change. We engage and build on the active, broad involvement of communities, and their elected and grassroots leaders, with particular emphasis on disadvantaged communities. Our strategies and objectives for a cleaner and more inclusive energy transition are aligned with New York state’s climate goals set forth in the Climate Leadership and Citizens Protection Act (CLCPA). Our current, primary client is Kingston Community Energy in the City of Kingston, NY.
Summary of the Job
Reporting to the Executive Director, MHET seeks a full-time, experienced Office Manager who is capable of performing a wide range of administrative tasks as well as HR management, bookkeeping, and general program support. This individual will play an integral role in supporting the everyday operations of the organization and helping us succeed in carrying out our mission. The successful candidate is able to work independently, is well organized, and enjoys the challenges of interacting with a diverse group of people.
This position is based in Kingston, NY with occasional weekend work required.
To perform this job successfully, a highly organized individual must be able to perform the following list of duties:
Office Management, Administration and Program Support:
- Manage MHET’s physical office space: serve as main point of contact; assist with installation and maintenance of equipment; source new vendors as needed; manage office supply inventory; maintain an organized and clean office; troubleshoot issues to keep the office running smoothly
- Manage and organize the organization’s physical and digital archives and files; oversee and catalog items in storage
- Assist in planning and logistics of staff meetings, on-site and external events, annual staff events, and special projects/initiatives to advance organizational goals and objectives
- Maintain MHET Group Calendar
- Manage and optimize budget for administrative and office functions, including obtaining quotes, tracking, submitting vendor payments, and reviewing/updating all revenue and expenditures per program
- Prepare check requests and process monthly payments
- Process bank deposits and maintain records
- Coordinate bookkeeping tasks with the MHET Board Treasurer
- Generate reports on regular basis and as requested
- Manage relationships with all external technology providers to ensure that all computers, printers, phones and IT technology function properly, information is secure and staff technology needs are met
- With IT service provider, maintain computer inventory and facilitate new IT equipment upgrades and purchases as necessary
- Train staff on commonly used organizational software; provide or facilitate basic technical support
- Maintain attendance, and PTO records
- Maintain employee, volunteer, and intern personnel records
- Liaise between staff and payroll agency (collect time sheets)
- Assist with job postings, initial candidate screening, interview scheduling, reference checks, and onboarding paperwork, and offboarding process including return of equipment, termination of accounts, etc.
- Organize and schedule compliance training for staff
- Coordinate employee enrollment for benefits
Social Media and Marketing
- Maintain social media calendar to ensure regular publication, engage with commenters, and conduct quality control of all copy across platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Contribute to the creation and design of marketing content and graphics as required
- Review a variety communications materials (e.g., emails, press statements, presentations, etc.) for accuracy and consistency of brand messaging
- Update content on the MHET and Kingston Community Energy websites as needed
- Track current happenings in the greater Hudson Valley to source interesting stories as they relate to MHET and Kingston Community Energy
- Experience in office administration. Must have a minimum of one year experience in office management.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Google applications, Google Drive and Google Workspace functionality; Microsoft Office/Office 365 applications including OneDrive, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Zoom; QuickBooks, Canva, ability to learn new applications
- Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Experience with IT set-up and troubleshooting and using technology to improve work efficiency
- Strong organizational skills, strong problem solving and project management skills, ability to deliver proactively, independently, and under pressure
- Excellent time management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff across departments
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Passionate and knowledgeable about sustainability, equity, environmental justice, community building and moving the world forward to a better place
- Paid Holidays
- Fifteen days paid vacation
- Medical, dental, vision plans
- Retirement plan
- Employer provided training
The salary range for this position is $60,000-65,000 annually depending on experience.
Mid-Hudson Energy Transition Inc.(MHET) is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited category. MHET is an affirmative action employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, immigrants, LGBTQ+, older persons, persons with disabilities and all qualified persons to apply. MHET is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.