Temporary NRCS Program Assistant
Title: NRCS Program Assistant
Employer: Massachusetts Association of Conservation Districts
Employment Status: Temporary, part-time independent contractor (6-8 months)
Hours: 15-20 hours/week, generally weekdays between 8:00am and 4:30pm
Location: Amherst, MA – NRCS State Office
Posting Date: November 23, 2020
Closing Date: December 7, 2020
Hourly Rate: $20 to $25/hr
Position: The Massachusetts Association of Conservation Districts (MACD) is seeking Program Assistant candidates who demonstrate strong organizational, communication, and computer skills. The position is part-time (15-20hrs/wk) and temporary (6-8 months) and is offered on a contractual basis, not salaried. The Amherst MA location is the State Office of the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). Background investigation and USDA identification card will be required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and distribute mail for the NRCS State Office. Prepare documents for shipment via USPS or UPS. Serve as the primary mail contact for the state and assist NRCS Field Offices as needed.
- Assist the Vehicle Fleet manager with tracking vehicle reservations, maintenance, and records management.
- Assist program managers in preparing grants/agreements forms, submitting documentation through ticket portal system, and tracking status changes.
- Distribute office supplies and special-order items, reconcile purchases within the appropriate database in a timely manner.
- Requisition office supplies, equipment, forms, printing services, maintenance services, etc. as required.
- Receive visitors and handle calls of a routine nature, such as locations of key personnel.
- Enter data into existing or newly developed databases using work center software systems.
- Review outgoing correspondence for grammatical accuracy and conformance with policy.
- Assist program manager by examining documents and data for completeness, discrepancies, and other special program requirements.
- Other program-related duties and activities as assigned.
- Experienced with MS Office applications. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Ability to use Adobe Acrobat to create and design forms, letters, and templates.
- Experienced with Internet Explorer, Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox.
- Ability to use multi-line office phone.
- Organized, ability to maintain multiple calendars/appointments.
- Ability to review draft correspondence in Word and format to Adobe.
- Professional communication skills – oral and written.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well with others, individually and in groups.