Full-Time Mid-Level Stream Restoration Professional
The Watershed Conservation Resource Center (WCRC), a non-profit organization located in Fayetteville, Arkansas, has a full time position open for a mid-level Stream Restoration Professional. The Stream Restoration Professional will assist the WCRC to achieve its mission of protecting, conserving, and restoring natural resources using a watershed approach. The selected candidate will help manage and design stream and wetland restoration projects using natural stream design principles and techniques.
Job Duties and Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
- Perform stream geomorphology surveys, analysis, and documentation
- Develop and integrate reasonable design variables and parameters into 3-dimensional designs within the AutoCAD Civil 3D environment
- Assist in AutoCAD plan production to develop preliminary, final, and construction restoration plan sets
- Develop budgets and cost estimates for stream restoration projects
- Develop construction bidding documents
- Prepare and obtain approvals for required permitting including CWA Section 404, State, and Local permits
- Conduct stream restoration project construction oversight
- Manage construction observation and documentation efforts
- Provide Stream & Wetland Mitigation banking support
- Conduct floodplain modeling using HEC-RAS and HEC Geo-RAS
- Perform post construction monitoring
- Assist with office computing and networking infrastructure
- Serve as a knowledge resource for WCRC staff and educate them on project administration and management, use of software for project design, advanced data collection tools, and progressive stream restoration design concepts
- A minimum of 2 years of stream morphology assessment and stream restoration experience
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in the implementation of stream restoration projects including survey planning and performance, conceptual design, construction document preparation, permitting, and construction management and documentation
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our non-profit mission
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and with a project team
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or Ecological Engineering, Hydrology or another related science field with an emphasis on natural resources and ecological restoration
- Masters of Science degree is preferred. Exceptions to this requirement will be considered based on experience related to the position
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling experience with software such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HEC-GeoHMS, HEC –GeoRAS, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Training: Rosgen Training Levels I – IV preferred
- Expertise in utilizing CAD software (i.e., Civil3D), ArcGIS, ArcPro, Rivermorph, etc. software to develop stream restoration designs and plans
- Desire and willingness to work outside in various weather conditions and at construction sites
- Work activities will consist of a mix of field and office work with a significant amount of project diversity. Work will be heavily concentrated on stream surveys, assessment of stream morphology, developing stream restoration designs and managing restoration implementation.
- The position will require full-time work from the WCRC office in Fayetteville, AR with the rest of the WCRC team.
- This will be a salaried position based on education, skills/training, project experience, and the ability of the candidate to assist the WCRC in meeting its organizational mission.
Salary for this position will depend on the qualifications and experience of the selected applicant. Benefits include paid personal, sick, and holiday leave time, matching retirement contributions, and paid employee health/dental and long-term disability insurance.
This is an open call for candidates and will remain open until an ideal candidate has been selected and the position is filled.