Full-Time Micromobility Project Manager
EIT InnoEnergy is one of the world’s leading investors in climate tech. As a European company with global reach, we are driven by one goal: to accelerate and increase the impact of the innovations we support. With a US office in Boston and 6 offices throughout Europe, InnoEnergy supports early-stage startups and operates at the center of the energy transition bringing the technology and skills required to support the green deal and Europe and the US decarbonization goals.
Recognized globally as the most active energy investor and one of the largest climate tech and renewable energy tech investors in 2020, EIT InnoEnergy backs innovations across a range of areas. These include energy storage, transport and mobility, renewables and sustainable buildings and cities – leveraging its trusted ecosystem of 500+ partners and 23 shareholders.
To date, it has invested 500 energy innovative industrial ventures, three have reached the Unicorn status, and are on track to generate €16 billion in revenue and have saved 5.5M tons of CO2 to date.
The US office of InnoEnergy was started in 2020 and supports the range of InnoEnergy business lines. Supporting European portfolio companies in their commercialization in the US through market entry plans, first customer support, and management of specific projects where InnoEnergy can provide added value to the company.
This position is intended to support existing InnoEnergy portfolio assets in the US market. The position will primarily be focused on the management of a $7 million grant from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) which involves a fleet of electric bikes and charging stations introduced to small to mid-sized communities. The role will oversee multiple stakeholders including InnoEnergy’s portfolio company, ACTON, which manufactures and operates the e-bikes and oversees day-to-day operations. Other project partners include transportation planning consultants who will be overseeing community engagement and the wider mobility needs of the selected community. The position will directly oversee local stakeholders including NGOs and local governments during the development of this complex project. As the initial phases of the grant are completed, the Project Manager can expect additional projects which support one or more portfolio companies in their US commercialization efforts.
- Oversight of all project partners involved in the e-mobility grant, ensuring timelines are met and overseeing the submission of deliverables for grant compliance.
- Regular (weekly) communication with all partners and InnoEnergy relevant team members to ensure on-time, compliant results.
- Developing memos including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports that follow the grant through its entire lifecycle from project kick-off, monitoring and verification, to the final report.
- Analysis and interpretation of operational data. Proactively updating project partners and the InnoEnergy team on the state of deployment.
- Working with InnoEnergy colleagues in the EU for topic specific support relating to compliance, procurement, mobility knowledge, legal and more.
The Project Manager should have prior experience in managing complex projects or grants with detailed reporting requirements. Experience in the mobility space will be highly regarded in the hiring of this position.
- Knowledge and passion for the mobility space and multimodal transportation.
- Previous work in project or grant management.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to direct partners to prioritize specific tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Ability to lead meetings internally and externally, being the face of InnoEnergy within the scope of this large project.
- Pro-active and able to create clarity on short- and mid-term deadlines/objectives.
- Detail oriented with a skill set in clear, concise, and organized documents.
- Ability to work under pressure during peak times of reporting and execution.
- Curious and strategic thinker that is able to connect the dots between the various partners and tasks and create synergies and opportunities to streamline.
- People person who enjoys working with others and is able to create/lead a team.
What we offer
- The opportunity of making an impact on the energy transition through advancing clean mobility solutions
- Working with international experts and experienced professionals to share and learn from
- Highly impactful work with a small team in the US, building the US business within the larger framework of EIT InnoEnergy operating throughout Europe
Reports to: The US Operations Manager
Logistics: Virtual and option to work out of office at Greentown Labs. Includes travel to New York
Commencement: December 2022