Full-Time Maryland Energy Justice Partners Manager
- are freaked out about climate change.
- want to use your great connections in the social /environmental justice world in Maryland to create energy justice.
- are excited about working at a for-profit that makes positive change.
- consider yourself an “action” person.
- work independently.
- know the city of Baltimore very well.
- want to change the world through our business.
- are David looking to slay Goliath want to bring solar to everyone, not just the select few.
- aren’t afraid to make mistakes and learn from them.
- care more about your intelligence and values than your experience.
- thrive with the uncertainty and excitement of a start-up.
- are a caring and supportive team member.
We’re Neighborhood Sun, a certified B-Corp, meaning we’ve met the most rigorous standards of social and environmental performance – we believe that business can be a force for good in the world, which is why we’re committed to serving our customers, employees, communities, and the planet.
About the Position
You will represent the company to multiple groups in Baltimore and other parts of Maryland, as well as Washington DC.
- Develop and execute a strategy for obtaining multiple new civic, social justice, faith and environmental partnerships.
- Do presentations with partner organizations and facilitate product trainings.
- Find and engage with multi-family properties, especially in the affordable housing areas.
- Help craft messaging and develop material for target audiences.
- Create media opportunities in Baltimore and the area.
- Manage company’s existing partnerships to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Become comfortable with subscriber platform to assist the partner members in the enrollment process.
Your success in this role will be critical to the success of the company. We need people who are capable of learning quickly, taking challenges head on, and don’t need a lot of time to ramp up.
You’ll excel in this role if you are:
- Well Connected – You know leaders in civic, social justice, faith, and environmental organizations as well as legislative leaders. You’re able to open doors.
- Resourceful – whether you’re spending time with our product manuals or researching potential clients and leads, you’re not afraid to put in the work to succeed. You’re creative in your approach to sales, and constantly seek new opportunities.
- Personable – not only do your customers love you, but you’re a great team player. You’re bright, energetic, and positive, and you make personal connections with ease.
- Organized – You are great at using systems to keep track of information, always have ready answers at your fingertips, and are often the most organized person in the room.
- Passionate – You want to make our corner of the world better, and more fair for underserved and discriminated against communities while promoting clean, renewable energy.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in organizing, partnership management, or activism.
- Strong connections within the social justice, civic and faith communities.
- Prior experience in green energy is an asset.
- Experience working for a start-up is an asset.
- Experience with CRM software such as salesforce (preferred).
- Mid-level experience with MS Suite (Outlook, Excel, Power Point)
- Willingness and ability to travel locally as needed (after COVID restrictions are lifted)
Working at Neighborhood Sun
This is a full-time, permanent position working Monday to Friday, with weekend work. We offer health insurance with vision and dental, matching retirement contributions, parking and metro coverage, as well as 15 personal days/year.
We encourage all our employees to take ownership over their roles as well as the opportunity to fail forward. We’re passionate about providing an inclusive atmosphere that let’s everyone’s voice be heard,and provides opportunities for professional and personal growth.
If you’re passionate about the planet, about serving your community, and have the right qualifications, we’d love to hear from you.
How to ApplyPlease send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, we would like for you to fill out this pre-interview questionnaire here. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405