Full-Time Marketing Specialist
The Pet Sustainability Coalition is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Marketing Specialist to be responsible for the creation and dissemination of key assets and content to support the organization’s objectives for the B2B and retailer channels. The key components of PSC’s marketing plan include member services (educational webinars, brand promotion, reports, & case studies), event graphics and advertising, editorial and trade coverage, events, sponsorship, and the PSC accreditation program that drives marketing incentives to PSC’s top performing sustainable members. The Marketing Specialist will work with the Director of Marketing to develop a variety of targeted and individualized marketing materials to support each department, create content for emails and newsletters, support events with varied design needs, and manage social media channels.
The Marketing Specialist will work directly with both our internal and external partners supporting our overall strategy in the following key areas:
- Provide primary support for execution of the PSC marketing strategy
- Manage and support the organizational marketing, content, and activation calendar
- Create consistently branded marketing materials including infographics, social badges, and graphics to support a suite of events, member services, print ads, event signage, and more
- Manage social media channels including content creation, engagement, analysis, and reporting according to company KPIs
- In partnership with the Director of Marketing, manage the email marketing program with the aim of automation to support a robust sales funnel
- Assist with WordPress websites with support of web services team
- Support other programs as needed
Content Creation (50%)
- Email program
- Website, blog
Graphic Design and Advertising (30%)
- Member support graphics
- Event promotional materials
Social Media Account Management (10%)
- Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube
Event Support (10%)
- Signature Events
- Travel required ~2-3 trade shows per year
- May need to lift 40lbs+ unassisted
- Contribute to and cultivate a positive, productive, and values driven organizational culture
Measures of Success
- Audience growth across channels
- Member engagement and Net Promoter Score growth
- Successful adherence to integrated content calendar
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of marketing experience in a business-to-business or multi-channel organization
- 2+ years of design experience creating and producing assets for print, web, social channels, events, etc
- Fluency in the Adobe Suite, Canva, Powerpoint or Keynote, Excel or Google Sheets
- Demonstrated social media growth outcomes and analytics
- Experience using Hub Spot a plus
- Up to date knowledge of social media trends and strategies
- A self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects on time and within specified budgets, and adapt to the fast pace and dynamic nature of a startup environment
- Individual must be a strong communicator, a strong writer with meticulous attention to detail, and an enthusiastic team player.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter HERE. This role is open and looking to be filled as soon as possible. The first round of applications will be reviewed on January 03, 2023, and additional applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
PSC believes the diversity of skills, backgrounds, viewpoints, and experiences employees bring to their work will be a critical factor in our success. PSC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. All applicants and employees are evaluated on the basis of personal skill and merit.
PSC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, condition of pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, breastfeeding status, medical conditions related to breastfeeding, marital status, disability, veteran status, and sexual orientation. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and participation in social and recreational programs.
Salary & Benefits
The starting salary for this role is $55,000 with annual performance bonuses. Our comprehensive benefits package includes employer-paid health insurance with dental and vision options, a 401k plan with a 4% employer match, an annual wellness stipend of $600, an annual professional development stipend of $1,000, and unlimited PTO. We have a hybrid in-office schedule, with half-day Fridays in the summer. Our office is pet-friendly, too!
What We Do
PSC accelerates environmental and social sustainability in the pet industry through education, tools, project support, and collaboration. The organization works closely with companies ranging from brands, manufacturers, suppliers, and retailers. We help companies identify strategic impact opportunities that drive increased profitability. PSC’s awards and programs are highly rated across the industry and include sustainable packaging, sustainable ingredient sourcing, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.