Full-Time Marketing Manager
As the Marketing Manager of SELC, you will be an integral part of the communications team working to engage and educate audiences about SELC and a full range of environmental issues of particular importance to the South—climate change, clean air and water, our public lands, coastal protections, and environmental justice.
If you’re up for the challenge of figuring how to reach target audiences about the important work of SELC, we want you to be part of our team. You will oversee the implementation of all our marketing efforts, from brand awareness campaigns and new strategic partnerships to digital outreach. You will think about how the organization should introduce itself to new audiences and strengthen our connections with our existing supporters, through marketing collateral, at events, and efforts such as our Above and Beyond campaign. You will strategize how to reach decision makers, potential advocates, and new supporters. You will work with our creative team to help them act as a brand guardian, ensuring we have messaging and brand consistency across assets. Your days will involve working with our creative team on new advertising concepts, writing website copy about how to support our climate work, and developing marketing campaigns and reaching out to media to promote our Reed Environmental Writing Award or the launch of the latest season of our Broken Ground podcast.
We are reimagining and reinvesting in our marketing efforts and we want your new thinking and creativity to help lead the way. We have recently restructured our marketing team so this is a new position, and you will be working closely with our communications team to develop project workplans and bring your marketing ideas to fruition.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Communications. This position can be based in our Charlottesville headquarters office or Atlanta office.
- Helps to draft annual marketing plan with input from stakeholders
- Responsible for implementing marketing plan and tracking progress
- Manages marketing budget
- Acts as Project Manager for marketing projects (materials production, visibility and acquisition campaigns)
- Develops advertising strategy and maintains advertising calendar/contracts
- Maintains organizational info on the website and online portfolio
- Stays abreast of new marketing trends and opportunities
- Handles media outreach for general promotional opportunities (attorney profiles, Reed Award, Earth Day, end of year giving, Giving Tuesday)
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience, with demonstrated success running marketing campaigns for a nonprofit organization or consumer brand.
- Creative and strategic thinker. You love thinking through strategies of how to reach people and move them to action, and you’re creative in considering new approaches to make change.
- Knowledge of supporter, advocate, and donor pipeline. Ensure all pipeline marketing campaigns are setup to successfully measure and evaluate core marketing KPIs.
- Strong writer. You will play an integral role in crafting messages that engage target audiences and ensure that materials – from web, to social, to email, to ads – adhere to the overarching narrative. As an important voice of the South’s leading environmental organization, you’ll need to be able to package complex legal issues for a range of platforms, moving with ease between long-form web copy, catchy ad headlines, and engaging emails that move people to get more involved.
- Familiarity with digital platforms and solid advertising chops. You will have experience with digital, print, and broadcast advertising campaigns. In addition to demonstrated digital experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, you are able to navigate Facebook ads manager and associated digital advertising tracking implementations. You have sent and managed campaigns through email platforms such as MailChimp and have familiarity with website content management systems and digital management tools like Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, etc. You also are eager to dive into the analytics to monitor engagement so you can figure out how to expand our reach even more.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. You have a genuine interest in and commitment to helping SELC create and foster a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. You think about how to infuse commitments to equity into marketing strategies and into organizational and campaign planning from the ground up. You engage in ongoing personal learning and are eager to contribute to our organizational efforts to be a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
- Highly organized. You are self-driven and have excellent time management skills. You can move from reviewing creative concepts, to ensuring all ad components are designed and delivered on time, to tracking the budget. You feel confident shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment, including managing several marketing efforts at once.
- Collegial, collaborative team player. You enjoy learning together with your teammates and helping others to succeed in their work as well. You bring a collaborative attitude to engaging with other team members and external stakeholders alike.
Compensation: SELC offers salaries competitive with other leading environmental non-profits nationally, and provides an excellent benefits package. The starting salary range for this position is $55,000-$70,000, commensurate with experience. For more details about our benefits package, please visit our Careers page.
About SELC: With nine offices across the region (Charlottesville, VA; Chapel Hill, NC; Atlanta, GA; Charleston, SC; Washington, DC; Birmingham, AL; Nashville, TN; Asheville, NC; and Richmond, VA), SELC is widely recognized as the Southeast’s foremost environmental organization and regional leader. SELC works on a full range of environmental issues to protect the South’s natural resources and the health and well-being of its people. Although its regional focus is the Southeast, much of its work is national in scope and impact.
SELC works in Congress and state legislatures to inform environmental laws; in regulatory agencies to implement environmental laws and policies; and in the courts to enforce the law, stop the worst abuses, and set important precedents. The organization works collaboratively with more than 100 national, state, and local groups to enhance their efficacy and achieve common conservation goals. It currently has a staff of more than 130 individuals, with 80 attorneys, including some of the nation’s leading experts in their respective fields. Additional information is available at www.southernenvironment.org.
SELC believes that a broad range of ideas, life experiences, and backgrounds enriches our workplace, drives innovative thinking, and attracts highly talented people who seek a work environment that values the unique contributions of individual team members. We are eager to welcome new team members who share this belief. We still have much progress to make, but our goal is to create and maintain a staff that, at every level, reflect the rich racial and cultural diversity of the communities where we work and the clients that we serve. SELC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment. We are looking for people to join us in this effort. Persons of all backgrounds—including people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates—are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Applications should include a resume and a cover letter directed to the Director of Communications, Erin Malec. The initial deadline for receipt of complete applications is August 10, 2020. However, applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please submit your application materials in one email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Marketing Manager” in the subject line.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405