Full-Time Marketing and Communications Manager
The Marketing & Communications Manager creates, implements, and evaluates the strategic marketing and communications for the Conservancy. The Marketing & Communications Manager collaborates with Conservancy staff to communicate key achievements and success stories, elevating the Conservancy’s brand within the community and building capacity for the organization. With an understanding of target audiences, the Marketing & Communications Manager informs the work of the Community Impact Team, managing and contributing to the design, promotion, communication, and execution of all engagement and fundraising events and initiatives. They work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to move people along the ladder of engagement (awareness- interest- engagement-action).
- Plans, creates, implements, and evaluates external communications for the Conservancy.
- Manages, creates, and continually evaluates and updates digital and physical materials including social media, e-newsletters, website, films, annual report, promotional items, brochures, maps, preserve signage, newsletters, fundraising and campaign materials, event invitations, and occasionally grants.
- Manages advertising and promotional campaigns for Conservancy activities.
- Collaborates with Conservancy staff to create and manage the Conservancy’s editorial calendar.
- Drafts and distributes press releases and media kits to media contacts for key accomplishments, initiatives, and events, working closely with Conservancy leadership.
- Assists with writing and editing of speeches, presentations, and programs for events.
- Maintains Conservancy brand by establishing best practices and managing brand standards across the organization, assisting Conservancy staff with meeting these standards as needed.
- Conducts research and continually monitors and evaluates Conservancy communication strategies to determine progress and performance.
- Works closely with the Development and Event Coordinator and Community Engagement Coordinator as well as other Conservancy staff, Board of Directors, volunteers, event committees, and vendors to assist on both fundraising and engagement event programs and logistics.
- Ensures that event sponsors receive all benefits as specified in sponsorship packages.
- Serves on organization committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent formatting skills and adept with Microsoft Business Suite including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication abilities including knowledge of best messaging practices for nonprofit correspondence, public relations, advertising, marketing, digital content, and social media.
- Knowledge of Listrak or equivalent e-mail marketing system.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or equivalent CRM/donor database preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Google Workplace, basic HTML, and WordPress a plus.
- Great project management skills, and ability to collaborate and provide editorial feedback to designers, vendors, colleagues, and partners.
- Extreme attention to detail and goal oriented.
- Passion for and possess an understanding of the environment, land conservation, and public outdoor recreation.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of related communications experience OR five or more years of demonstrated success in non-profit communications and marketing.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment effectively and efficiently
- A driven sense of responsibility and a desire to continue to learn and grow in the field of nonprofit marketing and communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and be a team player.
- Must be able to occasionally move up to 20 pounds, traverse uneven ground up to 2 miles, and work outdoors in exposed conditions.
- This position must possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license.
- Familiarity with Land Trust Alliance Standards and Practices
How to Apply
- This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position with competitive pay and benefits. The Lancaster Conservancy is headquartered in Lancaster City, PA, where this position is expected to be based. Some night and weekend work is required. Travel throughout Lancaster and York Counties is needed at times for projects and events.
- Interested, qualified applications should send a cover letter and resume to Jess Brown, Development and Events Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 30 at 11:59pm. Please list your last name and Marketing & Communications Manager as the email’s subject line (i.e. last name - Marketing & Communications Manager).