Full-Time Maritime Shipping Research Fellowship (Berlin)
The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that provides data-driven research to advance policies that reduce the health and environmental impacts of the transportation sector. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our team of more than 100 talented researchers and operations staff with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, Beijing, and São Paulo.
The ICCT has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, enthusiastic Research Fellow to help analyze how public policies can accelerate the transition to zero-emission vessels in the European Union. You will be based in our office in Berlin, Germany. The length of the fellowship will be negotiable, from 6 to 12 months, with the opportunity to apply for a permanent position, contingent on strong performance and ICCT resources. You will report to an ICCT Researcher.
- Develop, in consultation with an ICCT Researcher and the maritime shipping Lead, a research project focused on accelerating the transition to zero-emission vessels in the EU using public policy
- Advise EU policymakers on ways to reduce greenhouse gas and air pollution emissions from ships
- Expand your network by engaging with researchers, advocates, regulators, industry, and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with ICCT staff on emerging projects based on need and perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing a Master’s or PhD in engineering, environmental science, public policy, energy, or a related field
- Experience or interest in transportation and climate change policy; experience or interest in the maritime shipping sector is a plus
- Proficiency in Python or R, Excel, Power Point, and Word; GIS skills (ArcGIS or QGIS) is a plus
- Ability to clearly explain research results and their implications to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently and engage effectively with team members
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), temporary position for 6 to 12 months, with a start date in mid 2022. You will be based in ICCT’s Berlin office. Your salary will be €2,800 per month in addition to hybrid office/remote flexibilities and other great benefits.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, two relevant English writing samples for which you are the sole author (preferred) or lead author, as well as any letters of references or alternatively contact information for two references. Preference will be given to candidates whose cover letters directly address the position being offered. Applications without the supplemental materials will receive less consideration.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
How to ApplyPlease click here to apply online.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405