Internship Marine Conservation Communications Internship
Hours: Average of 12 Hours/week
*Hours may vary dependent upon candidate’s availability/work pace, total assignment hours not to exceed 96 hours in total for the duration of the assignment.
Assignment Term Length: December 1, 2020 – January 30, 2021
*8 weeks, some flexibility with commencement and completion dates.
*Strongly prefer a candidate based in Oregon.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Surfrider Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of our world’s oceans, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network. We are currently seeking an experienced individual with a background in digital communications and a strong interest in marine conservation to support the development of new communication and education projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a new collaborative marine reserve newsletter in Mailchimp
- Develop digital content for social media, including graphics and written content
- Support development and design of marine education activity guide
- Research and present creative ideas for fundraising
- Support planning of virtual educational events
- Miscellaneous projects and assignments as needed
Reports to: Co-Managed by Oregon Policy Manager and Oregon Field Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience using WordPress, Mailchimp, Facebook, and Instagram
- Experience/Comfort working with light digital design programs
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability to work effectively from a remote home office
- Ability to be highly organized with strong follow through
- Ability to work independently
- Educational experience in environmental or marine science and/or related fields is extremely beneficial and preferred.
Please email a cover letter and resume to:
Charlie Plybon: email@example.com
Subject Title: “Marine Conservation Communications Internship”
Deadline for receiving resumes: Friday, November 20, 2020
The Surfrider Foundation is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization for all people who protect and enjoy the world’s ocean, waves, and beaches. Our success and impact depends on learning from our community, standing in solidarity with our allies and working towards a more just future, both for our organization and the environmental movement as a whole.
The Surfrider Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. Together we strive to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other protected class.
To learn more about out DEI commitments, please visit:
How to ApplyTO APPLY:
- Please email a cover letter and resume to Charlie Plybon: firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Title: “Marine Conservation Communications Internship”
- Deadline for receiving resumes: Friday, November 20, 2020
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405