Full-Time Manager of Sustainability
We are currently seeking a full-time Manager of Sustainability who reports to the Partners. This individual will manage and further advance the sustainability efforts of the entire office and be an integral team member on our projects. In addition, the Manager of Sustainability will work closely with our marketing/communications team and will be involved in external affairs as the public representative for the firm’s sustainability efforts.
- Provide vision and leadership for firm-wide sustainability programs, consistent with the firm’s mission statement.
- Integrate sustainable design into core processes and decision-making by consulting on projects from an early phase of development through project completion
- Lead the firm’s sustainability workgroup, Team Green, and its associated initiatives.
- Facilitate internal and external communications and visibility as the firm’s spokesperson on sustainability. Lead communications strategies to publicize the firm’s sustainability efforts and promote broad awareness of sustainability initiatives, both internally and externally.
- Serve as the internal leader and “go to” expert for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, and communicating and educating others on sustainability topics.
- Assess the firm’s current sustainability performance and identify and prioritize key sustainability growth opportunities.
- Establish and regularly update a firm-wide sustainability action plan with defined objectives, targets and responsibilities to support agreed-upon sustainability strategies.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls and systems are in place to support sustainability efforts.
- Measure and monitor progress against sustainability strategies, objectives and performance targets.
- Oversee LEED and WELL certification for FXCollaborative projects.
- Oversee and direct the work of our Sustainable Design Specialist.
- Spearhead LEED and WELL AP training, analysis training, and general sustainability education.
- Oversee carbon footprint tracking for the firm and facilitate the implementation of programs to reduce firm’s carbon footprints.
- Well versed in the principles of sustainable design and environmental analysis.
- Graduate of Architecture, Engineering, Environmental Science or related field.
- 10+ years of work experience related to sustainability and the built environment, with prior experience in LEED project management and building performance simulation
- Licensed Architect/Engineer/Building Scientist preferred.
- LEED AP with Specialty (BD+C or ID+C) with LEED project experience.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and AutoCad.
- Experience with environmental analysis software such as Ladybug, HoneyBee, DIVA, Therm, or Design Explorer.
- Excellent interpersonal, graphic, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong management skills and ability to prioritize & multi-task on multiple projects.
- Must be proactive, analytical, detail-oriented and a self-starter.
- Must be hardworking and a team player.
- Must be professional at all times.
- Familiarity with the New York City Energy Conservation Code preferred.
- WELL AP, FitWell Ambassador, LBC Ambassador, and/or Certified Passive House Designer are an asset.
- Experience with Energy Modeling software such as PHPP, WUFI Passive and/or EQuest is an asset.