Full-Time Manager III – Energy & Sustainability Programs
Manager III – Energy & Sustainability Programs
Montgomery County Government
Department of Environmental Protection
Salary Range: $75,934 – $138,790
- The Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is seeking an experienced individual to manage and lead energy and sustainability programs in the Division of Environmental Policy & Compliance. The programs may include, but are not limited to, energy efficiency and renewable energy, including energy financing policies and programs; climate change initiatives; support for residential and commercial sustainability-related practices; and planning and research efforts focused on developing, expanding, and improving DEP programs designed to enhance the quality of life in the community by protecting and improving Montgomery County’s air, water and land in a sustainable way while fostering smart growth, a thriving economy and healthy communities.Key responsibilities include:
1. Planning and engaging in outreach, communication, and collaboration with County residents, businesses, commercial and multifamily property owners, and non-profit organizations related to energy and sustainability initiatives and programs.
2. Collaborating with other County departments, state/federal entities, non-profit organizations, and the private sector on the development and implementation of financing and incentive programs supporting energy and sustainability actions.
3. Analyzing local, state, and federal policies related to energy and sustainability issues and developing recommended environmental legislation, regulations, and policies.
4. Program management, including developing, planning, and implementing energy and sustainability programs.
5. Developing, analyzing, and evaluating metrics related to energy and sustainability, including such things as energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, the economic impact of energy and sustainability programs, and the value of incentives and financing programs to foster behavior change.
6. Providing program support through research and investigation of existing and emerging energy and sustainability issues.
7. Administering contracts related to energy and sustainability programs
8. Assisting with the preparation of operating budgets for assigned programs.
9. Managing staff responsible for implementation of County energy and sustainability policies, programs, research, evaluation, and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and managing a range of energy and sustainability programs, as well as experience with methods for incentivizing and financing activities in these areas. Experience with policies, standards, and codes that govern energy and sustainability issues (e.g., regulations governing utilities, green building standards, building energy codes, etc.) is a plus.
This position requires the ability to work in a collaborative environment within a large organization with multiple priorities, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
This position requires possession of a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a County vehicle to meetings, events, policy or regulatory proceedings, conferences, and other work at locations outside the office.
Occasional weekend and/or evening work may be required.
As a manager/supervisor of unionized employees, this position has a responsibility for fostering positive labor relations based on mutual trust, respect, and cooperation.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in planning and managing energy and/or sustainability programs.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education or experience may be substituted.
License: Possession of a valid Class “C” (or equivalent) driver’s license from the applicant’s state of residence when required for job-related duties.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply,
please visit our website at http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/hr/recruitment/applynow.html
and then click on “Apply Now.”
Click “Search Jobs” and see the full job description under the “Managerial Executive” Job Category.
Interested candidates must create an account in order to submit a resume.
The requisition number is IRC28822
This Recruitment closes May 29, 2018