Full-Time Manager, Environmental Policy
The American Public Power Association is looking for a Manager , Environmental Policy to provide regulatory, advocacy, technical, and compliance assistance information to APPA members and staff on federal environmental policies, proposals, and programs related to air, solid waste, and water. The Manager, Environmental Policy will interact regularly with the Director of Environmental Policy, APPA members, and partners in the environmental policy community. For priority environmental issues, the candidate will coordinate and collaborate with key internal and external audiences.
- Analyzing environmental rulemakings and preparing responses to EPA and other agencies as appropriate in consultation and coordination with APPA members.
- Developing and implementing appropriate advocacy programs to advance APPA’s interests in environmental regulation in coordination with APPA members, allied organizations, and others.
- Maintaining liaison relationships with staff of relevant federal agencies (including EPA, OMB, SBA, DOE, and DOI).
- Participating in technical programs on emerging topics for APPA workshops and conferences, including the national conference, other conferences and workshops, and utility education courses.
- Contributing consistently to the APPA outreach resources such as the Environmental Update, Issue Briefs, Public Power Daily, and the Public Power Magazine and similar resources that may be developed to keep APPA members and staff informed about activities relating to environmental policy issues.
- Coordinating and identifying policy opportunities related to our issue portfolio and make recommendations regarding policy positions and messaging.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Degree from a 4-year college or university (engineering, environmental, or related discipline preferred).
- 5-7 years of environmental regulatory policy experience.
- Knowledge of the electric utility industry (and public power in particular), U.S. Government and regulations including the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act requirements, and other related federal statutes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse membership, regulatory agencies, employees and/or suppliers in a clear and precise manner to include developing comment packages to regulatory agencies, testimony, and briefing papers.
- Ability to be persuasive, negotiate, and collaborate with individuals at all levels throughout the organization and with outside groups.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to achieve advocacy goals for the members.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment to build consensus and gain agreement on a plan of action.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) in the day-to-day essential duties of the job as demonstrated by prior work experience.
The American Public Power Association is an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyApply online via this link
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405