Full-Time Manager, Climate Action 100+
Manager, Climate Action 100+
Location: Boston or Remote
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses. For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description and Responsibilities
Climate Action 100+ , is a five-year initiative led by investors to engage with the world’s largest corporate greenhouse gas emitters to improve governance on climate change, curb emissions and strengthen climate-related financial disclosures. To date, 615 investors with more than USD $55 trillion in assets under management have signed on to the initiative. The initiative is designed to implement the investor commitment first set out in the Global Investor Statement on Climate Change in the months leading up to the adoption of the historic Paris Agreement in 2015 limiting global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius.
The Manager, Climate Action 100+ Initiative will collaboratively organize and coordinate investor engagements, including escalation strategies and tactics, with North America based companies on the focus list in alignment with the goals of the initiative. This position will collaborate, as required, with other relevant Ceres’ initiatives and staff responsible for related campaigns and companies. The Manager, Climate Action 100+ will work with other staff members of Ceres North America Engagement Working Group, one of five working groups charged with driving company-by-company engagements with a subset of focus companies. This is a full-time salaried position and reporting to the Director of this initiative.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Organize and manage investor engagement, including working closely with U.S, Canadian and international investors that are designated as lead and collaborating investors on the North American focus companies list.
- Drive engagement and escalation campaigns with focus companies, including
- building/coordinating aligned groups of investors,
- developing company specific research-based strategies, and
- supporting investor-led shareholder and media campaigns.
- Oversee implementation of climate and governance leading practices based on the CA100+ Company Disclosure Framework into company engagements and escalation strategies through outreach to investors and other key actors in the finance community.
- Coordinate meetings of and communications with the Climate Action 100+ North America Engagement Working Group and its investor members.
- Compile company-specific data, information, and materials from data providers and relevant NGOs supporting the Climate Action 100+ initiative to support individual company engagements, and conduct/oversee company-specific research and develop written materials as necessary to support investor engagement.
- Work closely with Ceres sector and topic experts to integrate sector-relevant goals that align investor engagement for company ambition in line with a transition pathway that limits global warming to 1.5C.
- Ensure tracking of Climate Action 100+ activities, deliverables, progress and outcomes regarding investor practices and focus company commitments.
- Support information flow to Ceres’ Communications & Marketing team, and Development team regarding the deliverables and milestones of the Climate Action 100+ Initiative.
- Supervise and mentor interns to include hiring, onboarding, training, and evaluation duties.
- At least 5 years of work experience in investment, finance, shareholder engagement, corporate or non-profit management, ideally with a focus on climate or environmental matters and a track record of project management and/or campaign leadership.
- Experience designing and leading campaigns or other significant and complex projects characterized by changing dynamics and myriad stakeholder relationships.
- Experience developing, managing and strengthening relationships and coordinating with multiple partners and coalitions, and/or consultants.
- Experience with developing or overseeing systems to track activity, progress and outcomes.
- Ability to evaluate workload and prioritize projects in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Experience working on climate change, environmental issues, sustainability and/or high GHG emitting sectors including energy, transportation, oil and gas, electric power.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, project management, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Prior experience supervising or training staff, a plus.
- Comfortable working with diverse personalities and people.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
- Desire to work in a mission-driven and nonprofit environment.
Compensation: The hiring salary is $75,000 to $77,000 and pairs with competitive benefits.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply through the Ceres website, https://www.ceres.org/about-us/career-opportunities.
- Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405