Temporary Light Duty Vehicles Fellowship (Berlin)
The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is pleased to announce the opening of a new Light Duty Vehicles Fellowship based in our Berlin office. The ICCT is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization dedicated to providing data-driven research to support effective policymaking designed to reduce the health and environmental impacts of transportation activity around the world. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our team of more than 90 talented researchers and support staff with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, Beijing, and São Paulo.
We are looking for a Fellow to support a wide range of research on vehicle taxation policies and electric vehicle technology. The Fellow will work in close collaboration with subject-matter experts in a friendly, collaborative, and nonhierarchical environment.
- Collect and analyze data on the uptake of low and zero emission vehicles throughout Europe;
- Analyze best practices to promote the deployment of low- and zero-emission vehicles, such as tax incentives and charging infrastructure;
- Help facilitate exchanges with policymakers;
- Support deriving recommendations for action for policymakers;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in data science, engineering, environmental science or policy, transportation, or related field;
- Experience or interest in energy, transportation, climate change, air quality, public policy, or related topics;
- Fluent English communication skills, both written and verbal, is required; reading and writing proficiency in Polish or another European language is strongly preferred;
- Proficiency with MS Office and ArcGIS required;
- Organization and collaboration skills combined with a positive attitude.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), temporary position for a duration of 12 months. The position will be based in our Berlin office with remote working necessary through at least 6/30/21 due to COVID-19. The position may lead to regular, full-time employment depending on organizational resources and the Fellow’s performance. The offer includes health insurance and a competitive salary, and will be in the range of 2,000-2,500 EUR (gross) per month depending on experience and