Full-Time Life Cycle Analysis Specialist (Switzerland)
1. About the Position
Founded in 2018, SustainCERT offers simple, tech-driven solutions for verifying impacts in climate protection, supply chains, and investment products. Our goal is to become the leading provider of best practice GHG accounting and certification across carbon markets and corporate value chains by 2026. Our strategy is to mainstream best practice GHG accounting and certification by making it affordable, accessible, desirable for our clients.
SustainCERT is the official certification body for Gold Standard for the Global Goals, the most credible and robust standard for measuring, reporting and verifying climate and development impacts. In collaboration with The Gold Standard Foundation, SustainCERT launched the Value Chain Certification solution late 2018 which has now become the benchmark framework for intervention level Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Scope 3 accounting in corporate agriculture value chains.
Reporting to the Director of Research and Innovations, the Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) Specialist will serve as in-house technical expertise for the development of tools, products and services building on life cycle analysis (LCA), and the delivery of consulting work addressing innovative approaches in the context of environmental markets and reporting frameworks.
SustainCERT is headquartered in Luxembourg, however this position is based in Switzerland.
2. Primary responsibilities and tasks
- Contribute to the development of specifications for the design and prototyping of an LCA toolset applied to customized client sustainability reporting solutions
- Prepare clear and compelling market intelligence reports on innovative approaches to environmental footprinting in the context of corporate value chain management
- Conduct a variety of life cycle analyses to support the delivery of client sustainability solutions, e.g. corporate and/or product environmental footprinting
- Prepare clear and compelling reports, presentations of analyses, and recommendations for clients
- At least 3 years of experience in LCA modeling relevant to climate change impacts and benefits within corporate value chains
- Familiarity with LCA databases (e.g., Ecoinvent, etc.) and in-depth knowledge of database management
- Familiarity with LCA standards & guidelines (e.g., ISO 14040/44)
- Familiarity with climate change reporting frameworks (e.g., GHG Protocol, SBTi, etc.)
- Experience in working on multiple projects at a time, and prioritizing in order to meet deadlines
- Experience in the food & beverage, textile and/or transport sectors
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Works independently and on schedule
- Attention to detail and quality
- Curious and creative
- Self-motivation and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English (written and oral); French and/or Spanish is a plus
- PhD or Master’s degree in environmental science or similar discipline, with a specialization in LCA