Full-Time Legal Administrative Assistant
The Southern Environmental Law Center is seeking a legal administrative assistant to join our Atlanta, GA office. SELC uses law and policy expertise to protect the South’s natural resources—its land, air, water, coast and wetlands—and to preserve our rural countryside and community character. Although our regional focus is the Southeast, much of our work is national in scope and impact.
The principal responsibilities of the legal administrative assistant are to provide support to the attorneys in the office and perform and coordinate administrative functions. This support will fall into two main categories. The assistant will have a full range of legal support responsibilities; including court related filings, as well as possible research tasks. In addition, the assistant will support the attorneys generally, assist in report and presentation preparation and help maintain an efficient and well-organized office. This position may also support the work of our communications staff.
Come join SELC and help make a difference in our region.
- Sits at front desk, greets visitors and assists hosting meetings.
- Provides general clerical support for the office, including answering phones, ordering office supplies, booking travel, submitting expense reports, and interacting with vendors, building management, and security.
- Responds to public inquiries about SELC.
- Communicates regularly with partner groups and experts.
- Provides legal and administrative support to SELC attorneys, including submitting filings/comment letters, researching court rules, calendaring deadlines, proofreading and editing written materials, and other legal support tasks.
- Maintains digital and physical files including pleadings, transcripts, memos, and correspondence; experience with i-Manage/FileSite a plus.
- Submits FOIA requests and reviews responsive documents in e-discovery software; experience with Logikcull a plus.
- Performs non-legal research related to our work, including tracking data.
- Assists fellow legal assistants with daily tasks in a team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent mix of education and experience.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; you engage in ongoing personal learning and are eager to contribute to our organizational efforts to be a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for clerical, support, and substantive tasks.
- Mentally flexible, highly reliable, and punctual.
- Ability to work well both independently and within several different teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with PCs and Microsoft Office applications, including editing and working with pdfs in Adobe, formatting and formulas in Excel spreadsheets, advanced word processing skills in Word, and creating professional Power Point presentations.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills.
- Legal experience.
- Environmental interest.
- Communications experience.
How to Apply
- Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three references. Interested persons should apply immediately. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls or hard copies please.
- **APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE VIA THE LINK BELOW WITH ALL REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405