Full-Time Lead Solar Installer
Mendocino Solar Service is seeking a Lead Solar Installer, the on-site lead of 2- or 3-person installation team for residential and small commercial photovoltaic systems. This position requires strong electrical experience, but we offer training in solar installation if needed.
Mendocino Solar Service is a family-owned solar installation business, established in 1994, and located in beautiful western Mendocino County. We have a steady business installing mostly residential, mostly grid-tie PV with the addition of some off-grid and a growing amount of grid-tie-with- battery systems. Opportunity for operations management and design work.
- Provide crew leadership to ensure high-quality installations, excellent customer relations and positive inspection outcomes with excellent AHJ relations; oversee jobsite safety;
- Lead pre-job planning including material ordering, equipment rental, scheduling, and customer communications as needed; also required job documentation and record-keeping;
- Implement commissioning and troubleshooting of system internet monitoring across various platforms;
- Manage service calls for existing systems including off-grid and battery systems, and monitoring issues;
- Requires electrical experience, familiarity with Electrical and Building Codes. Electrical licensing or certification and/or C-46 license highly desired. Solar installation experience is preferred, but can train if you have good electrical experience.
- Requires interest in and ability to read and digest equipment and manufacturer technical documentation;
- Good driving record needed; background check required; needs professional appearance and demeanor;
- Requires strong documentation skills, including electronic and hand-written;
- Physical requirements of the position include: ability to regularly lift 50 lbs, work safely on steep roofs and in crawl spaces, work in weather and sun.
- Job is on payroll, hourly. $35 to $45 to start, DOE (weekly payday)
- Two (2) weeks paid leave annually
- Contribution to Health Savings Account
- Relocation bonus available.