Full-Time Lead Free NJ Program Manager
SUMMARY New Jersey Future is seeking an organized, motivated individual to manage the day-to-day operations of Lead-Free NJ, an exciting new collaborative working to ensure that children are free from lead poisoning through changes to state and local policy. The successful candidate is committed to environmental and social justice and understands policy advocacy and community organizing. Strong communications, organizational, and teamwork skills are required, in addition to the ability to manage multiple priorities and relationships at the same time. This is a timely opportunity to effect lasting change on one of the state’s highest-profile public health issues.
RESPONSIBILITIES The program manager leads Lead-Free NJ’s day-to-day work. A successful manager organizes the coalition’s activities, orchestrates a coordinated advocacy campaign, and centers the work on the needs and perspectives of directly affected communities. The manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Policy advocacy: Coordinate an advocacy campaign of collaborative members to achieve adoption of new state laws, regulations, programs, and spending that address the lead problem holistically, including all major sources of exposure.
● Collaborative management: Recruit and engage diverse members to advance Lead-Free NJ’s goals. Work with two co-chairs, a steering committee, several standing committees, and members to advance the collaborative’s goals through meetings, shared projects, and communications.
● Coordination with local efforts: Partner with and integrate community hubs, which are grassroots education and organizing efforts striving for lead-free homes and water systems at the local level.
● Communications: Oversee the preparation of professional communications to promote the campaign’s agenda through branding, social media, and earned media. Manage the collaborative’s website and publish newsletters to provide regular updates to coalition members.
● Event planning: Plan and execute quarterly Lead-Free NJ meetings, committee meetings, trainings, and other events.
● Management: Manage Lead-Free NJ’s Community Outreach Coordinator, as well as consultants in the areas of communications and facilitation. Coordinate support from other New Jersey Future staff and external partners who are responsible for communications, government affairs, and policy.
● Funding: Prepare annual foundation reports and proposals.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate, influence, and drive creativity and enthusiasm in others. A deep understanding of the importance of engaging community members and other stakeholders early and often in the decision-making and implementation processes.
● A demonstrated commitment to racial equity and experience working on the issue with others
● A self-starter who assumes responsibility and makes sound decisions
● Team player with a collaborative working style
● Strong verbal and written communication skills; experience interacting with and coordinating a diverse group of individuals
● Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to convene meetings, plan events, and manage multiple priorities and relationships
● Experience with collaborative efforts involving many stakeholders is a plus
● Experience or interest in one or more of Lead-Free NJ’s key policy areas—community development, water infrastructure, public health, housing, environmental justice, and sustainability
● College degree or equivalent
● Minimum three years of experience in an advocacy, policy, or community organizing role
COMPENSATION The salary for this position depends on the candidate’s experience and skills and will exceed $60,000. This is a full-time position with benefits, including 100% employee health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short and long term disability
How to ApplyAPPLICATION Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to HR@njfuture.org. If selected to advance, one or more writing samples will be required. Note: New Jersey Future employees are working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Employees will return to the office in Trenton, NJ on a hybrid work from home and in-office schedule after Labor Day.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405