Full-Time Lead Engineer
Full-time // Oakland, CA // On-site role
About the Role
The Lead Engineer is responsible for leading all engineering efforts to develop a novel vehicle charging technology poised to transform the electric semi-trucking industry. The Lead Engineer will lead a small team of talented engineers developing critical enabling technologies, demonstrating breakthrough performance characteristics, and preparing the design for production. These contributions are foundational for Jaro’s growth as we work to address a $20B emerging market and a huge, unresolved source of climate emissions and urban pollution.
What You’ll Do
The core responsibilities of the Lead Engineer are to:
- Grow and lead a team of talented electrical, mechanical, and software engineers.
- Contribute directly to system design in areas where team lacks skills or bandwidth
- Manage an efficient technology development process amidst evolving product specifications
- Deliver exceptional technology demonstrations on schedule with best-in-class performance
- Work with CEO and Business Development Lead to provide strategic leadership for the organization.
What You’ll Bring
Excellent candidates will:
- Have extensive experience developing high-power, electro-mechanical hardware products, ideally in a startup environment
- Have a track record of successful early stage product development in relevant fields such as robotics, EV charging, electric HD trucks, grid-tied assets
- Have experience building and leading diverse, healthy, high-performance engineering teams
- Have excellent understanding of engineering fundamentals in mechanical, electrical or related engineering fields
- Think clearly about technical risks and prioritized de-risking strategies
- Think creatively and opportunistically to solve unusually hard problems efficiently
- Communicate effectively to share learnings and make clear group decisions
- Thrive in a nimble, small-team environment with significant individual autonomy
- Value diverse ideas, backgrounds, and problem-solving strategies
- Display leadership qualities that align with Teal organizational values
Compensation and Benefits
Jaro provides transparent and equitable compensation packages for all employees, and we offer a generous benefits package. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 75% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees also have access to discretionary funds for self-care and building community relations. All employees are eligible for parental leave and all employees are granted stock options with extended exercise windows.
About Jaro Fleet Technologies
Jaro Fleet Technologies exists to accelerate the widespread adoption of electric semi-trucks. Founded by an experienced electric vehicle expert (Apple SPG, 3 startups, MIT, Stanford) and well-capitalized by top-tier venture capital firms, Jaro Fleet Technologies is developing a breakthrough charging technology and highly-scalable customer acquisition model to rapidly electrify the fastest growing segment of US freight trucking.
Freight trucking is responsible for 3X more emissions than all other commercial vehicle types combined in the US, and has demonstrated very rapid customer adoption once unit economics are proven. Jaro seeks to deliver a critical enabling technology for this industry to electrify.
Working at Jaro means not only tackling this enormous source of greenhouse gas emissions and urban air pollution, but also redefining how climate startups treat their employees. Jaro Fleets is a Public Benefit Corporation in which each employee has rights to protect the company’s mission, has an annual vote on CEO performance, and is empowered to prevent workplace discrimination. By inviting diverse, passionate employees to thrive in a more equitable organizational model, Jaro seeks to demonstrate a better way to tackle climate.
Join Jaro’s founding team to help us build this vision.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our products. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyPlease send resume or CV to email@example.com and share any additional information you'd like us to review. We do our best to respond to all applicants within 48 hours.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405