Internship Lawn Removal Landscaping Crew Member/Intern
Position Title: Lawn Removal Landscaping Crew Member
Employer: Resource Central; Boulder, CO
Job Status: Temporary; full or part-time (24 – 40+ hours/week). Flexible start/end dates.
Benefits: $16/hour, mileage reimbursement, cell phone stipend, paid training and sick leave, $250 bonus after 30 days of employment.
Reports To: Senior Program Coordinator/Program Manager
Location: Outdoor landscaping work primarily in Denver and Boulder metro areas.
About Resource Central
We’re an innovative nonprofit determined to make conservation so simple that people don’t even realize they’re doing it. Founded in 1976, our programs in water, energy, and waste have helped more than 700,000 people save money, improve their homes, and conserve natural resources. Learn more at: ResourceCentral.org.
Resource Central Mission
Putting conservation into action.
Work in small teams to remove sections of lawn at private homes using a sod cutter, hand tools and dump trailer.
Are you looking for a fun outdoor job this summer? Want to get paid to work outside? Join Resource Central as a full or part-time Lawn Removal Landscaping Crew Member!
Each day, you’ll be assigned to a three-person Lawn Removal Crew. You’ll start at 8:00am by meeting at a new jobsite and discussing the day’s projects with your fellow crew members. After that, you’ll use a sod cutter and hand tools to cut and remove sections of lawn so that homeowners can plant new low-water gardens. You’ll also lift and load the material you remove into a dump trailer for disposal.
All Crew Members must be reliable, on-time, and ready to work hard each day! Experience in landscaping or sustainability is a bonus but not required.
Hours can vary and range from three to six days per week. Start and end dates are also flexible. Paid training starts April 25, 2022 with the opportunity to work full or part-time through September.
We seek to hire Crew Members who reside within our four main service regions: Northern Colorado, Boulder County, Denver Metro, and South Denver. The majority of job sites will be less than 30 miles from where you live. Longer commutes and overnight stays may be occasionally required for some Crew Members; a travel stipend and individual hotel accommodations will be provided for overnight travel.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and pass a background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license, daily access to a vehicle, automobile insurance, and a
smartphone. Significant travel by personal vehicle is required and will be reimbursed
- Ability to safely work outdoors in all kinds of weather including high temperatures. Ability to lift 30 pounds, walk three miles, kneel, lift, and bend repeatedly throughout an eight-hour shift, up to five days per week.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
How to Apply
- Application Deadline: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Open until filled.
- Start Date: Flexible with the option to start as early as April 25, 2022
- Application Process: To apply, submit a resume by email to HR@ResourceCentral.org with the subject "Lawn Removal Crew Member"
- Resource Central is a 100% COVID-19 vaccinated workplace, as allowed for by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Proof of vaccination will be required upon acceptance of a job offer. Job applicants with religious and disability-related objections will be given reasonable accommodations.
- Resource Central is dedicated to equal employment opportunities. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, military status, gender expression, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable state or local law. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.