Full-Time Landscape / Restoration Designer
Landscape /Restoration Designer
BlueFlax Design, LLC, a design/build firm located in Harwich, Massachusetts seeks a Landscape Architect/Designer to collaborate with our design team in the development of ecologically based landscape design and master planning plans, and coastal and inland wetland mitigation/restoration and land management projects.
Landscape plans include planting plans, grading plans, drainage/green infrastructure, hardscape design, and landscape lighting plans. Land management and restoration plans include site analysis and ecological assessments of existing site conditions, development of restoration plans and protocols based on site analysis, and writing land management narratives.
Fieldwork includes site visits for site analysis, measurements, checking spot grades etc., on site meetings with clients, and collaboration with our field crew and environmental technicians to prepare for project implementation.
- Collaborating with the design team in the development of landscape and land management plans using sound ecological design principles
- Collaborating with the design team to create graphic renderings (perspective drawings, photo sketches, section/elevation drawings etc)
- Creating client proposals and estimates for design projects
- Presentation of projects to Conservation Commissions and other permitting/regulatory boards and departments
- Client communication through each of the design phases
- 4+ years working in Landscape Architecture, Design, or Ecological Design/Restoration Field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong writing and graphic communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Software, Adobe Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator, Microsoft Excel and Word a must, QGIS and Sketchup a plus
- Highly organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage document work flow.
- Familiarity with the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and municipal wetland regulations/bylaws is a plus.
Other responsibilities include:
- Organizing and maintaining digital and physical design files
- Other tasks and responsibilities related to the position as assigned.
Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000 (commensurate with experience). BlueFlax Design LLC offer benefits including health insurance, retirement savings plans (Simple IRA with company contribution), paid holidays, vacation, and sick time and Professional Development opportunities.
How to ApplyPlease send resume and portfolio to Theresa@blueflaxdesign.com
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405