Full-Time Director of Project Development (Wind)
PRC Wind is committed to developing renewable energy projects. Since 1997, the company has developed more than 2,300 megawatts of utility scale wind generation. Based in Minnesota, the company has substantial depth of experience providing consulting services to clients throughout the phases of renewable energy development.
PRC is as committed to developing a positive employee experience, as we are renewable energy. We are a Minneapolis based wind energy company seeking an experienced individual to provide management and development expertise for wind projects in the Midwest Region. If you’re passionate about renewable energy, enjoy leading, cultivating a dynamic, positive team culture and providing an excellent client experience, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Project Development Director is responsible for leading the project development department in developing renewable energy projects from concept through construction. As a member of the leadership team, the Project Development Director develops and manages a high functioning team of project developers.
Lead the Project Development department for the company
- Work collaboratively with company leadership to advance company strategies
- Build department-level strategies that support the company’s mission to deliver renewable energy projects by providing development services to clients
- Communicate department and project progress at an executive level
- Manage department budget
- Collaborate with functional groups across the organization
- Represent the company externally
Manage and grow the project development team
- Encourage effective and efficient personnel performance through team building, leadership, motivation, training, coaching and professional development and growth
- Ensure all necessary tools and processes are in place
Deliver excellent client service
- Build strong relationships with key clients
- Communicate effectively at all levels of client and partner teams
- Proactively report on project progress and risks
Direct the development of a portfolio of renewable energy projects
- Allocate and assign projects to Project Managers based on capacity, knowledge, and client requirements
- Ensure projects are delivered according to agreed scope, schedule, resources and quality
- Oversee collaboration with internal and external resources for site selection and development as well as project design and construction.
- Manage project budgets
- Oversee contractor relationships
- 5+ years’ experience required in utility-scale renewable energy development
- 5+ years people management
- Proficient in ARC-GIS
- Project management experience
- Results driven and solutions oriented
- Excellent ability to lead, manage, and coach direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline