Full-Time Job Training Supervisor
Directs a crew of Corpsmembers with responsibility for monitoring all aspects of Corpsmembers’ development within the Civicorps School Corpsmember Program.
- Supervises Corpsmember crews.
- Responsible for employee safety through training, policy compliance, and supervision of crewmembers.
- Establishes performance expectations and conducts verbal and written evaluations based on expectations.
- Enforces all Civicorps policies and procedures and disciplines Corpsmembers as appropriate.
- Responsible for remaining at job site during lunch period for an on-duty lunch period, since Corpsmembers may not be left unsupervised at field site at any
- Monitors Corpsmembers’ retention and transition out of the Civicorps Corpsmember program, including goal setting, career counseling and timely
- Oversees the successful completion of crew’s assigned project through appropriate planning and meeting specifications as well as ensuring safe working procedures are observed.
- Responsible for monitoring project progress, inspecting completed work for quality and quantity and evaluates project
- Generates project progress and needs reports directed to the Job Training Coordinator and the sponsoring
- Responsible for all administrative functions of assigned
- Maintains, monitors and distributes assigned equipment and
- Prepares time sheets and incident and accident reports
- Provides general and technical training to
Directly supervises Corpsmembers in the Job Training Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include assist in training Corpsmembers; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Standard First Aid and CPR certificate or ability to obtain within 3 months of employment.
• Technical knowledge of projects such as landscaping, resource management, erosion control, revegetation, fire prevention, trail building and repair, building renovation, and recycling.
• Experience working with at-risk urban youth, developing young adults and/or developing leadership in youth.
• Clean driving record.
• Ability to pass state and federal criminal background checks and a TB test.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
NOTICE: The statements herein are intended to give a broad description of this job function and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties and/or projects may be assigned as needed.
Civicorps is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity and expression, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other unlawful consideration.