Full-Time Job Training Program Manager
COMPENSATION: $90k-100k per year depending on experience
Responsible for the overall management of operations within the Civicorps Job Training program. Handles all land management and community needs contracts while exploring new opportunities and maintaining a team of skilled youth development professionals. Supervises the development of new projects and contracts, oversees implementation and development of Corpsmember training, and oversees all aspects of training program components by performing the following duties personally or through direct management of Job Training and Operations team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the development of new projects through contacts with recycling and land management agencies, community-based organizations, city and county departments and other potential sponsors.
- Works with CFO/COO to negotiate new contracts and renewal contracts for work performed through Job Training programs.
- Assists in determining costs, potential funding, feasibility, and appropriateness of projects.
- Maintains primary responsibility for ensuring that projects are well-planned, that necessary equipment and materials are available, and that safe working procedures are observed at all times.
- Provides technical assistance in project implementation and design specifications.
- Monitors projects in progress, inspects completed work for quality and quantity, and evaluates overall project success.
- Ensures timely, satisfactory, and fiscally sound completion of all work projects within the Job Training program.
- Oversees the purchase of appropriate project materials and equipment for proposed projects as needed.
- Monitors budget for individual projects.
- Assists in the preparation of sponsor billing as required.
Staff Development and Supervision
- Responsible for the orientation of new Job Training Supervisors. Provides training, training materials, and handbooks.
- In collaboration with the Job Training Coordinators, determines required project skills and provides training to staff as needed.
- Establishes performance standards, reviews and evaluates employees’ performance; provides written as well as verbal evaluation of assignments; and disciplines as needed.
- Counsels staff regarding personnel problems and administrative procedures.
- Leads and facilitates staff meetings which include communicating clear expectations and department goals.
- Monitors and assists in maintaining a high level of Corpsmember attendance, progress, and development in the education program.
- Monitors and assists in maintaining desired levels of Corpsmember retention and successful transition out of the Civicorps program.
- Oversees Corpsmember training and certification programs that are effective in building skills of participants.
- Designs job related training schedules in collaboration with the Job Training staff and other appropriate Civicorps staff.
- Oversees the Crew Leader training program, including selection of candidates and outlining staff crew leader training assignments.
- Member of Civicorps Leadership Team. Plays role in setting direction for agency and identifying areas of growth and opportunity.
- Manages the Job Training department budget.
- Prepares written project and staff records. Maintains computer records of projects as needed.
- Prepares memoranda, letters and written reports – including activity and attendance reports.
- Ensures that time sheets, incident and accident reports, and all other required paperwork are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensures maintenance of assigned equipment and supplies.
- Monitors the inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Oversees and supports community relations with the general public and Civicorps’ sponsors.
- Experience managing contracts and budgets
- Experience managing staff and building team comradery
- BA or BS in related field or two to four years related experience and/or training preferably in administration and program management involving youth in an education setting, teaching, on-the-job training, or conservation corps programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with young adults in education, youth development, or job training setting
- Standard First Aid and CPR certificate or ability to quickly obtain
- Valid driver’s license with ability to be placed on company insurance
- A commitment to serving the resilient young adults of the East Bay and creating opportunities for their educational and career success
- A commitment to advancing racial and social equity
- Committed to environmental stewardship and diversifying the conservation workforce
- Ability to work independently and strength in multi-tasking, goal-setting, and workload prioritization, while also maintaining collegial and productive relationships with the Job Training team, and other Civicorps staff, and our Corpsmembers
- Ability to form collaborative relationships with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Technical knowledge in landscaping, resource management, erosion control, revegetation, fire prevention
- Technical skills in trail building and repair, minor renovation, construction
- Technical skills with power tool use and maintenance such as chainsaw, brush cutter, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Civicorps has a culture of caring for each other, personally and professionally. We enjoy a working environment that includes on-going staff activities, employee recognition programs and much more. We are a family-friendly workplace.
Civicorps offers a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Health Plan Options, including mental health care. Select from Kaiser HMO or Aetna PPO
- Dental and Vision
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life, Accidental Death/Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off, with additional paid winter leave
- 403(b) retirement plan with generous company match
- Flexible Spending Account for Health/Child Care
- Professional Development opportunities through workshops and conferences
- Free Parking (close to BART and Jack London Square)
How to Apply
- HIRING PROCESS: Civicorps actively cultivates an institutional culture that reflects the values of respect, equity, and inclusion that we seek through our work to amplify in the larger world. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply for this position and encourage applications from candidates whose lived experience gives them expertise in serving the communities we work with.
- To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume addressing your qualifications and interest in this position with the subject line “[your first and last name]: Job Training Program Manager”
- No Phone Calls Please
- For More Information: Visit the Civicorps website: https://www.cvcorps.org/join-us/job-opportunities/
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405