Internship Internship, Heavy Duty Vehicles
The ICCT is pleased to announce an internship position and invites all eligible university students to apply. This position is an exciting opportunity for students interested in policy and technical analysis aimed at reducing the environmental footprint of the transportation sector in Europe.
During the internship, applicants will have the chance to apply the analytical skills developed during their study programs and apply them in creative ways to inform policy making in a fact-based and data-driven manner. After the internship, the candidates will have learned about data processing, vehicle regulations, and the European policy making process.
Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in curbing CO2 emissions from the transportation sector, solid analytical skills, and an interest in vehicle technologies. We look for intellectually curious, self-organized and initiative-driven applicants. The position is based in our Berlin office.
- Analyze market data from heavy-duty vehicles and assess the CO2 impact of the different vehicle segments.
- Conduct data collection, literature review, data analysis, and other desk-based research to identify decarbonization pathways for freight vehicles.
- Translate the findings into specific policy recommendations and contribute to the drafting of technical reports summarizing the findings.
- Enrolled student with coursework or research background on topics that can include energy, engineering, transportation, computer science, public policy, environmental sciences, economics, or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience collecting, analyzing and drawing conclusions from data.
- Good English writing skills.
- Programming skills (e.g., Matlab, R, Python) are desirable.
What we offer
The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued and where creative thinking and carrying out own ideas is very much encouraged. You are expected to work full-time (40 hours per week) for about 4–6 months or, alternatively part-time in parallel to your university studies. Monthly gross salary will depend on experience and will be in the range of 1,500-2,000 EUR per month for a full-time position. The completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis is possible.