Full-Time International Program Coordinator
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time, salary exempt position to work with the International Program.
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states:
CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NY, OR, PA, TN, and VA.
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States.
General Overview: The ideal candidate is highly organized, with a strong attention to detail. Experience with file management, data collection, and program coordination preferred. This person will manage the majority of the International Team’s administrative tasks and generally help the team stay organized through multiple streams of work.
Climate Reality’s International Branch Program supports and coordinates 10 branch offices globally as they engage and support the Climate Reality Leader community in their country/region and implement their own programs, projects, and campaigns. Branches are hosted in countries and regions that have held Climate Reality Leadership Corps Training events to establish and maintain localized support for Climate Reality Leaders in the area. They do this through presentation development, coordinating further trainings and meet-ups, providing communications resources, and establishing programs and campaigns for Climate Reality Leader involvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Onboarding new staff – Responsible for onboarding and offboarding processes for international branch staff.
- Information management– Support the coordination of 10 branch offices, including managing communications between staff, coordinating meetings and follow-ups, note taking, and general project support as requested.
- Communications – Aggregate and draft social media and other communications from branch offices and identify content for wider sharing. Monitor social media branch accounts for content.
- Global program support – Manage department logistics for global organization-wide campaigns including Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings and 24 Hours of Reality.
- Salesforce – Develop reports, edit, and update Salesforce accounts and work with Information Systems team as needed.
- Report preparation and grant assistance– Assist with synthesizing branch reports for dissemination within HQ and organize grant requests, amendments, and disbursements.
- Organize branch requests – Help prioritize organizational requests from branch offices and international partners.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Proficiency in English and one of the following languages: Japanese, Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, Tagalog.
- Self-organized and motivated with an excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Interest in international climate work
- Commitment to climate justice and equity
- Experience working in a nonprofit
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, 401K, etc.
PREFERRED START DATE: January 4, 2021