Full-Time International Energy Conservation Code Plans Review Engineer – Community Planning & Development
About Our Job
City employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment. Refer to the COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Mandate Candidate Q&A for additional information.
The City and County of Denver’s Community Planning and Development Department (CPD) is seeking an International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) Plans Review Engineer to be part of our committed team of Engineering professionals.
This is a limited position with an expected end date of 12/31/2026.
At Community Planning and Development, we envision, enable, and ensure a better Denver. Denver’s Community Planning and Development Department is responsible for visionary city planning and ensuring that all buildings are safe. Community Planning and Development plays a role in growing our world-class city, while keeping its beloved features intact. From the skyscrapers of the Central Business District; to the walkable, mixed-use neighborhoods of Central Park; to the charming Victorian effects of the Baker district, the staff at Community Planning and Development works to make Denver a great place to live, work and play. The department’s three primary functions are planning, permitting and inspections. Learn more about how we’re “BUILDING COMMUNITY” at www.DenverGov.org/CPD .
Interested? At the City and County of Denver and CPD you can apply your expertise and contribute directly to the community. Please review the required qualifications and submit your application/resume for consideration by clicking the ‘Apply’ button at the top of this posting and/or visit our job center.
In this role, you will serve as the subject matter expert as it relates to International Energy Conservation Code across disciplines for City staff and our external customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and providing input on energy code design compliance for both commercial and residential dwellings in accordance with Denver’s amended energy codes
- Updating codes and policies while looking at long-term energy code regulations to meet Denver’s short, medium, and long-term goals
- Collaborating across multiple trades, disciplines, and City agencies to identify inconsistencies and to improve processes
- Conducting public outreach, soliciting community feedback, and implementing initiatives to address community’s needs
- Ensuring consistency in internal work efforts and external work products
- Developing training programs for staff and external customers as it relates to IECC
- Working with department inspectors and field workers to provide observation and training
- Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Master of Science Degree in: Engineering or Architecture with a focus on sustainable design
- Ten years of direct design and project delivery experience with a wide variety of buildings (multi-family residential, commercial, and residential). Able to demonstrate familiarity with sustainable design practices in both design and construction. LEED AP preferred
- Experienced with high performance commercial and residential design, design process, and project delivery, as well as with management of associated teams
- Experience interpreting, using, applying energy codes (IECC), as well as other building and energy related codes (IBC, IECC, IMC, ASHRAE, etc.), and using energy modeling software
- Experience in both residential and commercial design
- Field experience as an inspector and/or project commissioning experience preferred
- In-depth understanding of energy sources, how building use energy, and energy reduction approaches on a neighborhood and district scale
- Knowledge of emerging technologies related to energy and buildings
- Ability to work effectively across teams and disciplines to establish and meet common goals
- Experience conducting public outreach and implementing new initiatives
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field as required by the specific opening
- Experience: Three (3) years of professional engineering work experience after obtaining a Professional Engineering (PE) license. OR three (3) years of professional architecture experience after obtaining an Architect license. (Some positions may require experience in a specific engineering area)
- Licensures/Certification(s): Requires a valid Driver’s License at the time of application. Requires registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) by the Colorado State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers at the time of application. Or requires registration as an Architect by the Colorado State Board of Registration at the time of application. Registration in another state will be accepted in lieu of this requirement, provided that the applicant has Colorado registration at completion of probation. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
- Equivalency: No substitution of experience for education is permitted. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience requirement
To be considered for this position, you must include the following on your job application (upload the attachments to the Resume/CV section on the My Experience tab):
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in this position, and how your experience and background would make you an excellent candidate for this position
How to ApplyPlease apply online via this link
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405