Full-Time International Campaign Manager
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former US Vice President Al Gore, is dedicated to leading a global movement demanding immediate action on the climate crisis by using cutting-edge communications and grassroots strategies to educate the public about the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis and to activate the public to support actions that address the climate crisis.
The ideal candidate is highly organized with a strong attention to detail and excels at establishing and supporting impactful programs with a diverse set of global partners. Experience conceptualizing and running global campaigns is required. This person will work with The Climate Reality Project’s ten international branch programs to provide strategic campaign and programmatic support for local and regional efforts and lead the process of identifying common themes for effective global impact campaigns.
This person will work with the International Program Director, other departments, and in partnership with the international branch offices to build and support global and regional campaigns. Climate Reality’s International Branch Program supports and coordinates 10 branch programs globally as they engage and support the Climate Reality Leader community in their countries/regions and implement their own programs, projects, and campaigns. Branches are hosted in countries/regions that have held Climate Reality Leadership Corps Training events to establish and maintain localized support for Climate Reality Leaders in the area. They do this through presentation development, coordinating trainings and meet-ups, providing communications resources, and establishing programs and campaigns for Climate Reality Leader engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Campaign Conceptualization – Conduct mapping of campaign opportunities as well as the various capacities and expertise of global branches. Serve as both a consultant to and organizer for Climate Reality’s global branches on campaign-related issues and needs.
• Strategy Development – With branch offices, establish regional tactics and partnerships for progress towards and eventual achievement of campaign objectives.
• Partnerships – Take part in relevant coalitions with partner organizations including substantive input into achievement of shared goals. Recommend and maintain relationships with relevant coalition partners.
•Global Program Support and Coordination – Establish and manage a global campaign coordination space for branch offices and lead International departmental input to global organization-wide campaigns including 24 Hours of Reality and petrochemicals and plastics.
• Impact Assessment – With the International Program Manager and Director of Evaluation, assess and report on the growth and effectiveness of branch programs and campaigns.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Experience working in a cross-cultural environment including working knowledge of environmental justice in different cultures.
• Experience having led or had a substantial substantive role in global climate change campaigns including communications/media, budgeting, and movement building.
• Demonstrated ability to map impact points and prepare a detailed, flexible strategy.
• A wide-ranging knowledge of global climate change movements, policy, and politics.
• Experience working in coalitions towards shared objectives and collective impact.
• A self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work in cooperative and collaborative environments.
• Ability to manage multiple workstreams.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Salesforce or other CRM systems.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY: Send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405