Indufor North America provides sustainability strategy, market analysis, and international development consulting services to public and private sector clients on enhancing natural resource management in the forestry and broader land sector, both in the United States and abroad. Indufor North America is the newest company in the Indufor Group, which has a 40 year history of providing substantive, high-quality consulting services to the forest products industry, investment community, and development organizations. Our offices in Finland, New Zealand, Australia, and the United States work together to generate positive impacts for our clients, the environment, and project stakeholders.
Working with Indufor
Working with Indufor will give you a chance to work on challenging projects related to a myriad of complex forest landscape and forest industry challenges in a lean and agile company. We offer the opportunity to grow and develop personal and professional skills in a collaborative atmosphere, with a view to a consulting career.
Active work during the internship may include but not be limited to support on projects related to community conservation with land trusts; environmental and social standards and metrics; data to improve environmental decision making; and scoping of marketing opportunities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
The Intern will gain experience in the following areas
- Working as a team member on client projects involving literature review, market research, and data analysis on topics related to forestry/natural resource management, industry, and policy
- Providing support on business development tasks, including proposal writing
- Writing short blogs about sustainability strategy, international development, and forest products markets
- Supporting administrative tasks including project administration, event organizing, database maintenance, and internal/external communications
- Degree: pursuing or recently attained BA/BS or MA/MS in forestry and agriculture, natural resource management, environmental economics/finance/policy, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written skills with the ability to express complex concepts clearly and concisely
- Exceptional research skills and experience evaluating research methodologies
- Strong quantitative analysis and data management skills; experience with survey design, financial modeling, and data science highly preferred
- Self-motivation and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to meet project deadlines and communicate progress to supervisors in a timely manner
- Desire to work with a small entrepreneurial team, independence with the awareness and judgment to seek help when needed
- Good command of Excel, PowerPoint, and a programming language (R or Python)
- Fluency in English and work/study experience in developing economies, Spanish fluency preferred
Duration: 6 – 9 months, starting March 2020