Full-Time Integral Ecology Director
We are seeking a full time (40 hours/week) Integral Ecology Director to join our team at St. Rose Convent, the spiritual heart and administrative center of FSPA in La Crosse, WI. In this position, you will facilitate the commitment of the FSPA to care for the earth.
As a hands-on, collaborative leader, you will provide practical congregational direction in all facets of the FSPA ecological ministry including coordinate multiple land-based enterprises such as ecosystem restoration and woodland management, implement land stewardship plans; foster a culture of environmental sustainability through communication and education and develop and maintain relationships with outside entities. In addition, you will be the resource person to all FSPA partners in ministry, providing practical advice and support.
You should have:
- An advanced degree related to sustainability, including natural resources and agriculture or equivalent of education and experience. You should have both academic and practical experience in ecology and leadership.
- Ability to inspire and facilitate change.
- Understanding of environmental policies at the local to federal to global level.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in supervising, planning, organizing, administration, and community relations.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and independent decision making to achieve program objectives.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to create relationships.
- Ability to and willingness to travel.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits.