Full-Time Indonesia Fuels Researcher (DC or San Francisco)
The ICCT is seeking to recruit a highly committed, self-directed person to join our fuels team as a researcher focused on Indonesian policy. The fuels team works mainly on issues around the sustainability and greenhouse gas performance of biofuels and other alternative fuels, and the successful candidate will be expected to be able to work across a range of technical and policy areas.
- Lead ICCT’s fuels strategy in Indonesia
- Perform high quality research to support environmental improvements in Indonesia’s biofuel policies
- Analyze the impacts of palm biofuel and alternative waste-based fuels on the environment, air pollution, and Indonesian consumers
- Write working papers, briefings, memos, and blogs;
- Lead policy and technical exchanges with Indonesian policymakers and develop relationships with other international experts, government officials, and local organizations;
- Present ICCT research at conferences, workshops, and to other ICCT staff; and
- Collaborate with ICCT staff on emerging projects based on need and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, science, economics, or related field (Masters degree or PhD preferred);
- Demonstrated interest in environmental sustainability and climate change;
- Experience living or working in Indonesia or another Southeast Asian country or experience working with Indonesians elsewhere;
- Great project management skills combined with good experience and confidence working independently and engaging effectively with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds;
- Excellent and demonstrated quantitative, analytical, and research skills;
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal, plus reading and writing proficiency in a second language strongly preferred;
- Superior proficiency with MS Office and other research software;
- Ability to speak Bahasa a plus;
- Experience with lifecycle analysis a plus.
To be successful in our environment, you must be intellectually curious, self-directed, and able to work with people from across the globe. The position will be based in one of ICCT’s offices in Washington, D.C. or San Francisco. The ICCT offers a mission-driven, egalitarian, culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Remuneration will be based on experience and education.
The ICCT is an independent, global, non-profit research organization that supports effective policy-making on climate change and public health by providing timely, accurate, data-driven research and advice to regulators, NGOs, and other stakeholders. The ICCT has offices in Washington DC, San Francisco, Berlin, and Beijing. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Learn more about us at www.theicct.org.
How to Apply
ApplicationTo apply, please send resume, a cover letter, salary expectations, writing samples, and contact information of three professional references (all documents as attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Indonesia Fuels Researcher”). Preference will be given to candidates whose cover letters directly address the position being offered. This is an immediate opening and the position will remain open until filled. Please state your ideal start date. Applicants without the supplemental materials will receive less consideration. No calls and no recruiters. Equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405