Full-Time Impact Storyteller
REBA and the REBA Institute
Location: Washington DC preferred, Denver/Boulder CO area possible
REBA and the REBA Institute (together called “the REBA Organizations” and referred to below as “REBA”) seeks an early to mid-career Impact Storyteller to take charge of reporting on the REBA Organizations’ programmatic progress and successes for our philanthropic donors.
Our vision is a resilient, zero-carbon energy system where all organizations have a viable path to renewable energy.
This role reports to the Senior Manager for philanthropy and works closely with REBA’s program staff and CFO for donation reporting purposes.
This position requires a solid understanding of climate and energy issues, exceptional writing skills, strong project management skills, a comfort in working independently to collect information from across the organization, and an enthusiasm to tailor writing for philanthropic audiences.
- Prepare high-quality reports, program updates, and gift acknowledgements for foundations, corporations, and major gift donors.
- Ensure timely donor communications by monitoring deadlines and alerting program staff to upcoming deadlines.
- Liaise with communications team to help prepare an organization-wide annual report and social media promoting program successes.
- Serve as point of contact for program staff to check in on reporting deadlines and project spending.
- Prepare mailing lists for reports, invitations, and appeals.
- Reach out to donors to solicit quotes for use in annual reports or donor appeals.
- Participate in the development of policies, procedures, and management systems essential for an impactful donor relations program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated understanding of climate and energy issues.
- 4+ years professional experience, or 2+ years with a master’s degree in environmental science, environmental policy, journalism, or other highly relevant field.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly absorb complex information, extract key points, and distill the information into compelling narrative.
- A strong team player who possess the interpersonal skills to work across all levels of the organization.
- A seeker of knowledge with the ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with ease and efficiency under moderate supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills with the capacity to prioritize, meet deadlines, act proactively, and maintain progress on long-term objectives.
- Comfort working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Exceptional sense of responsibility, accountability, and discretion.
- Degree in related field such as environmental science, environmental policy, sustainability, communications, or journalism.
- Nonprofit experience that includes donor communications.
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is 501(c)6 association of large clean energy buyers, developers, and service providers who, together with NGO partners, are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. REBA’s vision is a resilient zero-carbon energy system where every organization has a viable, expedient, and cost-effective pathway to renewable energy.
REBA’s affiliate, the REBA Institute, is a 501(c)3 non-profit that leads transformational research and education to ensure all organizations have a viable, expedient, cost effective path to drive a resilient, zero-carbon energy system.
Our Salary and Benefits
We offer competitive compensation plus a comprehensive benefits package that aims to develop a world class team by holistically supporting the individual. REBA believes that supporting all employees to have a full life, inside and outside of work, results in a team that feels personally engaged in REBA’s success.
REBA strives for salary equity based on the job, and the candidate’s experience, skills, education, and (once hired) performance at REBA—not based on a candidate’s negotiation skills, gender, race, sexual orientation, or any other non-skills-based attributes.
REBA’s Manager/Sr. Manager salary band is $86,000-$130,000 with a 10% bonus opportunity. We anticipate most candidates for this particular role to join REBA toward the beginning of the Associate range ($86,000 – $90,000) but more experienced professionals will be considered as well.
- Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, with substantial employer subsidy
- 401(k), with employer match
- Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Parental Leave for both mothers and fathers to bond when new children enter a family
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment
- Highly Flexible PTO
- Earned sabbatical policy
Our Commitment to Diversity
Achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient, zero-carbon energy system requires creative problem-solving and a wide range of perspectives; REBA knows that diversity not only makes our organization stronger, but also is foundational to our mission success.
REBA is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at REBA and is an important principle of sound business management.
Inclusion goes beyond diversity. All REBA staff shall be committed to accepting and encouraging different perspectives. Creative solutions to tough problems is fostered by respectful challenging of one another’s thoughts and assumptions. REBA will strive for inclusion also by being open to a variety of cultural practices and norms. We will strive to ever increase our understanding and unveil our unconscious biases.
REBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, caregiver status, and past, present, or prospective service in the military in addition to any other protected categories required by state, federal or local regulations. Equal employment opportunities apply to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, discipline, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
How to ApplyClick here to apply online.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405