Full-Time Housing Intervention Specialist
The Green & Healthy Homes Initiative seeks a Housing Intervention Specialist professional to coordinate housing inspections and housing interventions by private contractors to remediate lead and healthy homes hazards in residential homes in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania where young children reside. This key position aims to reduce lead poisoning, household injury and exposure to other home-based environmental health hazards in the homes of Lead Free Families Program clients. GHHI’s Housing Intervention Specialist will provide on-site and field support for the implementation of the Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Lead Free Families Program with the support of the Green & Healthy Homes Initiative (GHHI) Housing Intervention Manager and other Program staff. The Housing Intervention Specialist will be responsible for supporting the meeting of project benchmarks and deliverables, and assisting with tracking and managing program progress to ensure the successful implementation of Lead Free Families’ residential lead remediation and healthy homes services to families across Lancaster County, PA.
- Coordinate inspections and housing interventions with certified lead risk assessors and lead remediation and healthy homes contractors. Track contractor performance and adherence to program guidelines and protocols;
- Conduct pre-intervention housing walkthroughs and ongoing site inspections to verify housing intervention measures needed in homes and monitor contractor work in Program homes to meet Program standards and budgets;
- Review lead risk assessment and environmental assessment reports conducted by Program inspectors and develop Scopes of Work and Cost Estimates for lead hazard reduction and healthy homes housing interventions (mold/moisture remediation, integrated pest management, asthma trigger reduction, indoor air quality, household injury prevention, Aging in Place, other hazards);
- Coordinate and collaborate services with GHHI team staff members and partners including Lead Free Families Program staff, housing and health departments, community service providers and referring agencies;
- Provide educational information to client families and property owners on lead risk awareness, lead safe prevention techniques, and other prevention resources;
- Conduct post intervention quality assurance/quality control inspections of work performed by contractors;
- Maintain electronic property files and report data in compliance with Program standards and requirements and maintain responsibility for project reporting in GHHI’s Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) client database;
- Work with the Housing Intervention Manager to ensure achievement of project benchmarks according to the schedule set forth by Lancaster General Hospital including lead inspections/risk assessments, lead hazard remediation (home repair) and healthy homes housing interventions completed, lead clearances, and per-unit expenditures;
- Monitor achievement toward Program goals and make recommendations towards overcoming barriers for service delivery and improving services for clients in Lancaster County;
- Support building relationships with community partners to increase Program referrals, build Program partnerships with contractors, and recommend additional resources that Program clients can utilize;
- Participate in weekly unit production and other team meetings as appropriate;
- Participate in other Program events as appropriate;
- Complete monthly expenditure reports;
- Provide on-site support for housing unit production and related activities in the Lead Free Families Program office in Lancaster and other duties as assigned related to organizational mission and programs.
- Minimum three to five years experience providing housing inspections, lead poisoning prevention housing remediation services, including developing and approving scopes of work, or supporting residential construction/home repair programs in the government, private or non-profit sectors, or in relevant field;
- Knowledge and professional experience conducting home inspections, cost estimating, preparing scopes of work or remediating home-based environmental health issues – particularly lead hazard reduction, weatherization, and/or safety hazards;
- Passage of Pennsylvania Lead Abatement Worker certification exam; (GHHI will provide for costs)
- Passage of Pennsylvania lead inspector certification exam; (GHHI will provide for costs)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Experience coordinating contractors and subcontractors in conducting housing interventions, managing construction-related budgets or other project management in a related field;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- This position will be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. The incumbent must maintain ready access to a motor vehicle, possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license in the State of Pennsylvania or Maryland, and required auto insurance;
- Professional, positive work ethic and desire to make a difference;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Current or former lead inspector/lead risk assessor certification (PA preferred);
- College degree;
- Spanish speaking skills helpful, but not required.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Position includes full benefits package and competitive salary commensurate with experience. The costs of required certification courses will be provided where applicable. GHHI reserves the right, at its own discretion, to accept professional experience in a related field in lieu of any of the specific requirements above. GHHI is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.