Full-Time Hiring Manager
The Southern Environmental Law Center is seeking a Hiring Manager to join our Headquarters office in Charlottesville, VA. This new position will be a part of the human resources team and will be responsible for administering and overseeing all hiring efforts for our multi-state organization. The primary functions of this position are to manage our recruiting efforts and law school on-campus interview registrations, keep hiring teams organized, consistent, and informed, schedule interviews organization-wide, and manage processes within the applicant tracking system (viRecruit). This role will be integral in helping us to hire a diverse staff and will continuously work to improve our hiring practice. In that vein, this role will develop and deliver trainings to hiring teams on implicit bias, hiring and interviewing laws, and best practice.
We are looking for someone who has proven methods for keeping organized while juggling multiple projects and is adept at building rapport and trust with staff at all levels of an organization. It is important that the person in this role is flexible, collegial, and enjoys working on administrative hiring tasks as well as conducting small team trainings. This role will be the main hiring resource at SELC and will be part of a supportive HR department. We are friendly, professional, and thorough; we respect each other’s opinions and value new ideas and learning opportunities from our colleagues. We all pitch in to help when needed, and combine resources to tackle challenges together.
The Southern Environmental Law Center places an emphasis on employee growth and satisfaction, and as a member of this team, this position will have numerous opportunities to make valuable contributions to our work.
- Manage job postings, internally and externally for all positions.
- Administer and manage all applicant tracking system processes.
- Manage on campus interviews.
- Provide a singular point of contact for hiring issues and questions; manage hiring email inbox and responses.
- Schedule interviews and debrief sessions for region-wide hiring efforts.
- Manage post-internship evaluation process and retention of evaluations in the tracking system.
- Manage candidate rejection processes.
- Train hiring teams at outset of process on procedure, implicit bias, and general interviewing tips.
- Help create a hiring guide for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3 years of recruiting or hiring experience.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage competing projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; you engage in ongoing personal learning and are eager to contribute to our organizational efforts to be a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
- Collegial, collaborative team player; you enjoy learning together with your teammates and helping others to succeed in their work as well. You bring a collaborative attitude to engaging with teams and personnel across the organization.
- Experience with legal recruiting.
- Experience with an applicant tracking system.
- Experience managing on campus interviews
- Familiarity with viRecruit.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Knowledge of employment laws relating to hiring.
- Experience working with senior staff.
- Commitment to the environment.
Compensation: The starting salary range for this position is $50,000-$70,000, depending on experience, with an excellent benefits package. For more details, please visit our Careers page.
About SELC: With nine offices across the region (Charlottesville, VA; Chapel Hill, NC; Atlanta, GA; Charleston, SC; Washington, DC; Birmingham, AL; Nashville, TN; Asheville, NC; and Richmond, VA), SELC is widely recognized as the Southeast’s foremost environmental organization and regional leader. SELC works on a full range of environmental issues to protect the South’s natural resources and the health and well-being of its people. Although its regional focus is the Southeast, much of its work is national in scope and impact.
SELC works in Congress and state legislatures to inform environmental laws; in regulatory agencies to implement environmental laws and policies; and in the courts to enforce the law, stop the worst abuses, and set important precedents. The organization works collaboratively with more than 100 national, state, and local groups to enhance their efficacy and achieve common conservation goals. It currently has a staff of more than 150 individuals, with 80 attorneys, including some of the nation’s leading experts in their respective fields. Additional information is available at www.southernenvironment.org.
SELC believes that a broad range of ideas, life experiences, and backgrounds enriches our workplace, drives innovative thinking, and attracts highly talented people who seek a work environment that values the unique contributions of individual team members. We are eager to welcome new team members who share this belief. We still have much progress to make, but our goal is to create and maintain a staff that, at every level, reflect the rich racial and cultural diversity of the communities where we work and the clients that we serve. SELC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment. We are looking for people to join us in this effort. Persons of all backgrounds—including people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates—are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyTo apply, click this link to be directed to an online process where you may upload your application materials. Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405