Full-Time Heavy Duty Vehicles Associate Researcher
The ICCT has an immediate opening for a highly committed, self-motivated individual to join us as a full-time Heavy Duty Vehicles Associate Researcher. The position is located in the CBD area of Beijing, China and will involve work with US-based program team staff to support our efforts toward vehicle efficiency, emissions, and electrification policies in China.
The selected candidate will analyze information and collect data on efficiency, CO2 and air pollutant emissions reduction technologies and operation strategies to improve the environmental performance of the road freight sector, and to further develop methodologies to assess emissions reduction. The candidate will also provide accurate information and advice for governments and industry on how to advance green freight programs to mitigate emissions and reduce costs. Among other things, the selected candidate will:
- Research, collect, compile, and analyze heavy commercial vehicle and freight data from China;
- Support in assessing energy saving potentials and GHG emissions reduction from heavy-duty vehicles using simulation model tools, either at the system or at the component level;
- Support in assessing the costs and benefits of heavy commercial vehicle and freight emission reduction technologies and strategies;
- Support the writing of clear, strong technical reports, policy briefings, and articles to summarize ICCT’s research for key stakeholders;
- Develop outreach materials and present technical work to policy stakeholders;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Mandarin Chinese and an excellent command of spoken and written English;
- M.S. or Ph.D. in mechanical, civil, environmental, transportation engineering, environmental science, or related disciplines; or a B.S. degree with 3-4 years of relevant work experience;
- Advanced data analysis skills in Excel, MATLAB/Simulink, R/Python; familiarity with Autonomie, GEM or VECTO is preferred;
- Highly organized, self-directed, and strategic in problem-solving and identifying policy needs is highly desired;
- Vehicle emissions inventory modeling experience is preferred;
- Experience with vehicle calibration engineering, multi-modal transportation planning, logistics vehicle operations, supply chain management, vehicle emission, and/or efficiency policy is preferred.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive salary and benefits package will be commensurate with experience. Opportunity for international travel and training.
How to apply
Please send your resume, cover letter and two writing samples of technical reports or memos (one in English and the other in Chinese) to firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com with the subject line: “China Associate Researcher-HDV.”