Full-Time Healthy Legacy Organizer
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund in Minnesota are seeking an energetic and experienced organizer to develop and implement the organizations’ campaigns on toxics and water in the Twin Cities Metro Area. The perfect job for someone who wants to protect Minnesota families from toxic chemicals and hold corporations accountable for their products and practices. If that sounds like you, please apply!
Clean Water Action is a 501(c)(4) national organization with more than 50,000 Minnesota members that works for clean, safe, affordable water, prevention of health-threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and business, and empowerment of people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization providing education, organizing, and technical assistance to strengthen grassroots environmental efforts.
Our campaign to address toxics in consumer products has been working for more than 15 years in Minnesota. It is behind successful efforts to eliminate toxic chemicals like phthalates, BPA, Formaldehyde, and PFAS from a variety of products. Currently, we are working on addressing PFAS contamination and reducing lead exposures through efforts to change personal behavior, driving market change, and advocating for strong policies.
The Organizer will:
- Lead our Healthy Legacy Campaign work, including public education efforts aimed at helping people reduce their exposure to toxic chemicals in consumer products and outreach efforts to change the marketplace and advocate for protective policy solutions
- Conduct on-line and off-line organizing efforts, building and supporting Healthy Legacy coalition activities, and conducting outreach and mobilization of Clean Water Action members
- Make public presentations and organize events and earned media opportunities
- Create outreach and communication materials, including content for website and online outreach activities
- Recruit, train, and lead a strong volunteer leadership team
- Represent organization to regional and national campaigns and coalitions
- Help fundraise to support campaign activities
- Provide support to Clean Water Action’s field and phone canvasses, including briefings and training materials
- Carry out other activities as directed by supervisor.
- A minimum of two years of successful professional community and on-line organizing experience, preferably in environmental, social justice, or election campaigns.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience preparing and delivering public presentations.
- Cultural competence, commitment to racial justice, and demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and problem-solve in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Research and strong critical thinking skills; computer skills; well-organized and self-motivated.
- Willing to travel within Minnesota; available for occasional evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of market campaigns and policy experience is helpful.
- Knowledge of field and phone canvasses helpful.
Salary range is in the $40,000’s depending on experience. Attractive benefits package available.
We are currently working remotely, but expect to transition to a hybrid model in the future.
Email a letter of interest and a resume to Deanna White at email@example.com.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all positions that will work in our offices or travel in our vehicles. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.