Full-Time Green Amendment Coordinator
Green Amendments For the Generations (GAFTG) is a grassroots national nonprofit working state by state to secure passage of Green Amendments—constitutional Bill of Rights provisions that protect rights to pure water, clean air, a stable climate, and a healthy environment as inalienable rights on legal par with our rights to free speech, due process, and freedom of religion. One of GAFTG’s core missions is a commitment to uplifting environmental justice communities and those disproportionately burdened by environmental degradation. GAFTG is seeking a full-time Green Amendment Coordinator to provide high level support for the Founder and lead advocate of the organization.
GAFTG works at both the grassroots and the legislative level to advance Green Amendments using public speaking, published tools, online and in-person engagement, education materials, media/publicity, and events organized around the basic principle that we all need and deserve to live in a state that recognizes and protects our environmental rights. GAFTG was founded in 2019 by the Delaware Riverkeeper, building upon a 2013 legal success that secured a constitutionally recognized inalienable right to pure water, clean air and a healthy environment in Pennsylvania, and the Delaware Riverkeeper’s subsequently published award-winning book, The Green Amendment, Securing Our Right to a Healthy Environment.
Responsibilities: The time and responsibilities for the Green Amendment Coordinator will include support of the Green Amendment initiative, including:
- Conducting policy research;
- Drafting, proofing and distributing educational materials and social media content;
- Drafting, proofing and distributing member communications and newsletters;
- Supporting outreach to community groups and decisionmakers,
- Coordination of meetings for the Founder with legislators nationwide;
- Maintain a detailed legislative calendar and coordinate participation of the Founder as an expert witness and testifier for the Green Amendment;
- Organizing and publicizing educational events and webinars;
- Providing support at speaking events and programs (virtual and in person);
- Helping to build and maintain community relationships;
- Working strategically to help raise the profile of and increase public awareness of the Green Amendment movement and to help grow the organization;
- Assisting in the creation and implementation of fundraising campaigns;
- Managing online merchandise sales and distribution; and
- Updating and maintaining multiple WordPress websites
The position will support work across a broad range of activities and state initiatives undertaken by the organization.
Qualifications: Candidates for the Green Amendment Coordinator position should be highly organized, environmentally aware, hard-working, dedicated and reliable. The qualified candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills;
- Strong research and analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated interest in the environment and a background in environmental studies, communications, or a related field (appropriate level degree or work experience);
- Interest and willingness to undertake all levels of administrative, program, and both basic and high level support tasks that will be asked of them;
- Good time-management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively; anticipate basic and high level needs; identify steps necessary to accomplish assigned tasks; and move projects forward to successful completion in support of and on behalf of the founder and leader of GAFTG and;
- Competence in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, social media and Internet research. Familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) such as Salesforce a plus. Familiarity with WordPress a plus.
Terms of Employment & Salary:
The position will be full time and GAFTG staff are currently working remotely but the position will include regular travel throughout the country as well as regular visits to our main office located in Bristol, Bucks County, PA. Access to reliable transportation is essential. Some evening and weekend work required.
We offer compensation on a public interest scale commensurate with experience including an excellent benefits package. Salary range $37,500.
GAFTG is an equal opportunity employer. GAFTG has a welcoming working environment for people of all races, cultures, colors, languages, abilities, and classes which reflect the diversity of the communities it serves. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in hiring of staff, the composition of the Board and recruitment of volunteers. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger voice for the environment.