Internship Graphic Design Internship
The Climate Reality Project is a nonprofit organization founded by former US Vice President Al Gore. Our mission is to catalyze a global solution to the climate crisis by making urgent action a necessity across every sector of society.
At The Climate Reality Project, we come to work every day to help solve the climate crisis. We do it by working from the ground up, empowering people and communities worldwide to fight for their future and together drive a just transition to clean energy.
We are committed to building a more just and equitable world, one where all voices are heard and respected regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical ability. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other historically marginalized communities. We encourage applicants to read our diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice statement on our website.
Internship Program: The goal of our internship program is to provide a high-quality learning experience that helps to form the foundation for a career in the climate change or environmental movement for a diverse group of individuals seeking hands-on work experience in the field.
We offer paid internships in three cycles (spring, summer, fall) that align to typical college semesters. Each cycle runs for approximately 10-15 weeks. We ask for a 15-20 hour minimum commitment per week. Interns will be allowed to work a maximum of 30 hours per week. The internship opportunities are in a variety of programs and departments that will vary from cycle to cycle. Every Climate Reality intern is assigned a mentor who works closely with them to help navigate the organization, create overall objectives, and oversee their work plan.
Interns will be paid $15.20 per hour and will be provided a Climate Reality laptop to use during their internship.
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote interns who work/reside in the following states for the spring 2022 cycle: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, NC, NY, NV, OR, PA, TN, TX and VA.
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States. Students and non-traditional students are encouraged to apply.
We’re seeking a highly motivated intern to assist in engaging the public about implementing bold climate and clean energy policies through our graphics design work. This intern will be a key member of our digital team, helping design social media graphics, email headers, and more.
* Brainstorm and create exciting and shareable social media graphics.
* Basic video concepting, editing and creation for social media platforms, including Instagram and TikTok.
* Assist with maintaining archival system for production elements including website assets, advertising creative, photography, and videos.
* Ability to work effectively within a remote team structure.
* Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
* Commitment to environmental justice and/or racial justice.
* Effective communicator with ability to receive feedback on design choices.
* Ability to anticipate needs and creativity to trouble shoot.
* Sound skills with the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
* Experience using Canva.
* Basic video editing skills in Premiere and After Effects is ideal.
* Basic knowledge about digital marketing, content marketing, social media platforms, and website design a plus.
How to Apply
- To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio sample to email@example.com. Please use this subject line: Graphic Design Internship. Also, indicate in your email with your submission the job site where you found this posting.
- The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.