Full-Time Grants Manager
The Alliance Center envisions a sustainable and equitable future in which all communities thrive, democracy is strong, the economy works for everyone and the planet is healthy. To realize this vision, The Alliance Center demonstrates sustainability in action and mobilizes change agents to accelerate solutions. Visit (www.thealliancecenter.org) to learn more.
The Alliance Center has three main strategies to advance our mission and vision:
- Grow the capacity of change agents advancing critical sustainability solutions through the Nonprofit Center.
- Mobilize our network of change agents to combat climate change and accelerate the transformation to an equitable and regenerative society through the Regenerative Recovery Coalition.
- Pilot innovative solutions to sustainability and health challenges utilizing our building as a demonstration site through the Living Lab program.
Overview of the Position:
The Grants Manager will oversee The Alliance Center’s grant process from beginning to end including prospecting and researching potential grant opportunities, meeting with foundations, writing the grants, and tracking reporting deadlines and writing reports. This position will manage all state, federal, and foundational grants to reach the overall organization’s fundraising goal.
This is a position that leverages experience in identifying and writing grants with an emphasis on climate change, clean energy projects, and environmental issues, including but not limited to, environmental justice, regenerative agriculture, and workforce development, coalition building and energy efficiency. Tactics and tools will vary, but the Grants Manager is always accountable for the unique expectations including impeccable accountability and organization.
Responsibilities and Activities:
PROJECT MANAGEMENT & GRANT WRITING
- Write, edit, and submit all grant proposals including state, federal and foundational grants.
- Research and identify new sources of support and proactively lead opportunities to generate new proposals and avenues for funding.
- Manage a complex schedule of deadlines and payments, track workflow, and ensure the timely completion of grant materials to maximize funding opportunities.
- Manage and maintain grant revenue to inform development goals and metrics, revenue projection, payments, and reports.
- Improve and maintain the necessary processes, systems, and resources to support internal collaboration and the quality and quantity of grant materials.
- Help teams develop strategic and sophisticated cultivation activities, solicitation strategies, and corresponding written proposals.
- Research and write grant content, and assist in articulating program content, theory of change, goals, and plans as needed to advance high-quality grant proposals and ambitious fundraising goals.
- Directly manage and grow a portfolio of foundational donors by meeting with foundations, providing updates on our work, and prospecting new opportunities.
- Track and report on grant activities and funding through Salesforce.
- Oversee and coordinate The Alliance Center’s fundraising activities with institutional funders to maximize grant revenue.
- Increase both the number of funders and the grant revenue derived from these relationships.
- Facilitate strong relationships with funders and create compelling and responsive proposals in collaboration with program, finance, and development staff.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience developing, managing, and meeting revenue goals.
- Highly organized individual, with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while also maintaining a strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Experience generating leads, developing an approach, and building subsequent relationships with funders and program officers that result in financial support.
- Knowledge of philanthropic research, and the ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with staff with a wide variety of expertise.
- Ability to break down complex subjects into terms that are understandable and compelling.
- Able to work effectively under pressure and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
- Ability to work independently to meet goals and deadlines.
- A passion for sustainability, equity and regeneration.
- Inspired by The Alliance Center programs and projects.
- General understanding of environmental issues in Colorado and experience writing grants of this kind.
- Knowledge and experience using Salesforce for forecasting, creating reports, and managing grants and portfolio.
Reports to Whom: Director of Development
Direct Reports / Manages: none
Classification, Compensation, Schedule, Benefits & Position Conditions:
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt, permanent position.
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000
- The Alliance Center offers a flexible work schedule that can fit the applicant’s needs.
- Some evenings and weekends may be required to fulfill the duties of this position.
This position qualifies for the following benefits:
- Simple IRA -3% match of compensation (eligible January1 of the following year)
- Health Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Dental Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Short Term Disability Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Life Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Vacation Pay (available after three months of employment; 15 days through three full years; 20 days after three years of employment)
- Sick Pay (maximum of 10 days per year)
- Holiday Pay (14 days -New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day/floating religious holiday, and December 26-December 31)
- Paid Parental Leave (twelve weeks, available after twelve months consecutive employment)
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Please complete our anonymous Candidate Survey here. Then email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and include the Position Title in the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until April 10, 2022. No phone calls, please.
- The Alliance Center strives to build a diverse and inclusive organization. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply to join our team and help grow a more inclusive sustainability movement that truly serves all people.
- The Alliance Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405