Full-Time Geospatial and Analytics Manager
Reports to: Vice President/COO
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for analyzing and directing all geospatial, data analytics, and IT related activities of the organization with supervisory responsibilities for all staff assigned to the Geospatial & Analytics Department. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of computer and application services for users throughout the organization and external users through planning, technical leadership, and project coordination by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Geospatial & Analytics
· Provide strategic planning, direction, oversight, and management of HARC’s Geospatial & Analytics Department.
· Perform all supervisory responsibilities associated with the Geospatial & Analytics Department including employee related issues and overseeing professional development of department staff.
· Work with researchers and outside partners to deliver geospatial and analytical products and services that meet project needs and provide creative opportunities for HARC to grow and diversify its service offerings.
· Work with HARC executive leadership to identify opportunities for expanding geospatial and analytical services and partnerships with other organizations in region to position HARC as a key resource for geospatial data related needs.
· Expand HARC’s geospatial data catalogue and associated resources in partnership with HARC researchers and external partners. Establishes flows and processes for the data catalogue consistent with researcher projects.
· Manage Geospatial & Analytics (ITSC) budget and forecast costs for digital accounts/services, infrastructure upgrades, equipment, subcontracts and personnel needs for projects and programs as required and related to IT needs.
· Advise executive leadership on issues regarding HARC’s Geospatial & Analytics strategy as well as needs and changes to IT infrastructure.
· Stay abreast of new technologies and discuss strategic implementation and education of new technologies with executive leadership.
· Ensure continuity of all computer and application services by providing technical leadership and project coordination.
· Ensure all staff members have necessary computer hardware and software to perform their job responsibilities.
· Manage all IT hardware, applications, and enterprise level software to include: email, network equipment, servers, user computers, printers, audio visual, security systems, building access systems (card readers & cameras), and phones.
· Work with the Business Administration and HR departments to run application and programs for processing timesheets for project tracking and payroll inputs.
· Supervise the development, test, and implementation of enterprise level software solutions including content management systems, financial systems, and enterprise business solution.
· Work collaboratively with other HARC research and administrative personnel to develop geospatial, analytical, data integration, and IT solutions for HARC research projects and organizational initiatives.
· Serve on committees or working groups as assigned; examples include research project development and communication committees.
· Work with HARC executive leadership to identify opportunities for expanding geospatial and analytical services and partnerships with other organizations in region.
· Develop and implement HARC IT policies and procedures.
· Ensure that department staff skill sets are relevant, strategic, and contributes to the strength of HARC’s research proposals.
· Work closely with PIs to ensure that all Geospatial & Analytical related project requirements are met and delivered in a timely manner.
· Initiate and promote external collaboration and integrated approaches to sustainability.
· May act as spokesperson on HARC research or development.
· Communicate with and manage all Geospatial & Analytics related subcontracts and services.
· Communicate with external partners.
· Maintain broad knowledge of the latest developments in geospatial technologies, IT, analytical tools, and software development trends and best-practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Master’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience; or a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years or experience; 3+ years of relevant manager level experience; or equivalent degrees with a demonstrated working knowledge of disciplinary specialty. Strong analytical and project management skills and experience overseeing complex multidisciplinary projects.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical IT and Geospatial articles, financial reports, and legal documents.
Ability to understand and implement statistical procedures relevant to big data analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a strong background with developing, testing, and implementing enterprise level software solutions including content management systems, financial systems, geospatial/GIS systems, and enterprise business solutions. Skills required:
· High-level of technical problem solving and understanding of complex technology problems.
· Advanced knowledge of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software solution support and customization.
· Expertise in database development/maintenance, expertise in web development experience, and intermediate knowledge of networking and IT security.
· Experience with ESRI ArcGIS platform including ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server, Enterprise Geodatabase, Portal, ArcGIS Online, and other ArcGIS extensions.
· Other computer related skills required: Analytical tools such as Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server, advanced Microsoft Office/Office 365 and others as required.
Directly supervises two or more employees based on project and organization needs. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Mixture of on-site and remote working environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
How to ApplyClick here to apply online on our website.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405