Full-Time Fundraising and Special Events Associate
Riders Alliance fights for reliable, affordable, world-class public transit in order to build a more just and sustainable New York. Since we formed in 2012, riders have become a powerful and recognized political constituency in New York City. Our members have identified the most pressing issues facing riders, organized their communities, and successfully lobbied elected officials to commit to ambitious agendas around improving public transit.
We are currently hiring a Fundraising and Special Events Associate to maintain and enhance the existing donor engagement program and collaborate with colleagues across the organization to create fun, engaging, and meaningful donor experiences. The Associate will also help produce our annual gala. We’re looking for a collaborative self-starter who can manage logistics and reporting while also creatively engaging a community of transit supporters. The Associate will work closely with and report to the Director of Fundraising and Operations.
Fundraising Operations and Administration
- Manage and maintain database integrity including donor data entry, generating fundraising
- reports, updating donor notes as necessary
- Order and maintain fundraising materials, supplies, merchandise
- Create and update fundraising web pages
- Provide administrative support for fundraising planning
Donor Stewardship and Communications
- Generate, distribute, and track donation acknowledgment letters
- Carry out fundamental stewardship of sustaining members, first-time donors, and event participants
- Collaborate across the organization to seize communication opportunities including, newsletters, blog posts, publications, social media campaigns, and news-worthy work
- Project manage newsletters, reports, and individual giving appeals
- Lead donor appreciation projects like thank you gifts, holiday cards, and digital content
- Writing donor correspondence as needed
Events Management and Member Engagement
- Annual gala:
- Manage and monitor timeline, expenses, fundraising progress, and all event logistics for the organization’s premier fundraising event
- Manage communications and logistics with venue, band, graphic designer, printer, photographers, videographers, and any other outside vendors
- Think creatively about how to make the gala fun, inclusive, engaging and special for all members and honorees
- Member cultivation and recruitment experiences:
- Plan and execute creative recruitment and engagement activities throughout the year, including social events, advocacy actions, member feedback projects, and educational outings
- Collaborate with staff across the organization to provide opportunities to engage and recruit donors
- Develop relationships with Riders Alliance donors and pursue opportunities to partner with them in fundraising
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000
Time commitment: Full-time, 40-hours a week (with some schedule flexibility)
Riders Alliance offers employer premium support for medical and dental insurance, vision insurance, 403(b) retirement account with generous employer match, life insurance, access to commuter benefits, and more.
Expectations: Riders Alliance is a grassroots organization with thousands of members and hundreds of donors. Our growing fundraising program is focused on raising the annual budget while building community and connection with donors who will be longtime supporters and ambassadors of our mission, helping us broaden our impact and improve public transit. Our small staff size necessitates good communication and collaboration projects and allows us to be creative and experimental about engagement experiences.
- Values making public transit more reliable, accessible, and affordable
- 1-3 years of personal, political, or professional fundraising experience
- Confident self-starter; ability to prioritize and juggle multiple assignments
- Highly organized and attentive to detail, especially names and numbers
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated innovative and problem-solving abilities
- Interest in nonprofit fundraising, operations, and management
- Proficiency using a CRM for relationship and communication management, social media platforms and Canva helpful
How to Apply
- Send a resume and thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com.
- Applications are considered on a rolling basis; early applications are encouraged.
- Riders Alliance is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
- Riders Alliance values diversity in backgrounds and in experiences that are reflective of the city it serves. Applicants of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged and welcomed to apply.