Temporary Front End Developer
Front-end Web Developer
The time is now to join a high-impact effort addressing the great challenge of climate change. Climate Central is an independent organization of leading scientists and journalists researching and reporting the facts about our changing climate and its impact on the public. We are seeking the services of a talented, UX-oriented, front-end web developer to assist us with a variety of new projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing intuitive web interfaces and experiences for Climate Central web tools
- Iterating on design ideas and proofs-of-concept with Climate Central colleagues
- Implementing fast, maintainable frontend web code
This position is fully remote, on a 6-month term, independent contract basis. The position is paid on an hourly basis. 35-40 hours per week will be expected for the duration of the contract, with availability required during US Eastern time standard business hours. At the end of the contract, renewal is possible, depending on Climate Central needs and mutual interests.
Essential qualifications for this role:
- 5+ years professional experience in frontend development
- Keen design sense and willingness to own both UI/UX design and implementation phases
- Experience with modern web design tools and techniques
- 2+ years experience with ReactJS
- Experience with frontend unit testing
- At least some familiarity with web mapping libraries such as Google Maps, Mapbox, and Leaflet
- A history of working effectively with other developers, project managers, and a variety of project participants
- Commitment to tasks assigned
- Thorough communication
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have substantial experience with web data visualization, using libraries such as D3.js, Plotly, etc. or lower-level interfaces such as SVG, canvas, etc.
- Have experience with user testing of UI/UX designs, and associated tools
- Have full-stack development experience and comfort on the Linux command line
This position is fully remote. Climate Central’s headquarters are in Princeton, N.J., operating under standard US Eastern time business hours. Substantial overlap with these operating hours is preferable, but we are flexible. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Compensation is competitive for a mission-driven non-profit. Hourly rate will depend on qualifications.
Climate Central strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such do not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
How to ApplyPlease send your cover letter including hourly rate expectations and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the exact subject line, “Front-end Web Developer for Climate” (no quotes). Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, Climate Central is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate. The search will close when a successful candidate is recruited.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405